Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

v tattoo groupon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Actually, might be better to ask how much I shod expect to pay hourly for a good artist in Dublin?

Have a look at Rob Mulligan for script tatttoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

2c worth, My girlfriend got a Tattoo with a voucher just before Christmas here from "Dean" The tattoo's color is blotchy and faded and actually crap looking, she's really disappointed with it and despite numerous calls and emails to him he hasn't replied & shes going to have to go to someone decent to fix his work - I'd avoid here like the plague and if you have a current unused voucher contact groupon asap for a refund as there valid untill the 14th Fed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

5500 wrote: »
    2c worth, My girlfriend got a Tattoo with a voucher just before Christmas here from "Dean" The tattoo's color is blotchy and faded and actually crap looking, she's really disappointed with it and despite numerous calls and emails to him he hasn't replied & shes going to have to go to someone decent to fix his work - I'd avoid here like the plague and if you have a current unused voucher contact groupon asap for a refund as there valid untill the 14th Fed

Jesus. If it's blotchy and faded, he might not have gone in deep enough with the ink.

Definitely avoid there. If someone fcuks up that badly, I wouldn't trust them to fix it. Better off paying more money to get it fixed somewhere else, rather than run the risk of him fcking up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Is Dean the apprentice in this place?

Is Dean the apprentice in this place?

From what I can gather, he's their main artist now. Which is the exact reason I stay away, I wasn't keen on any of his work. I stand to be corrected on my first point, however.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Jesus. If it's blotchy and faded, he might not have gone in deep enough with the ink.

Or else it wasnt looked after properly.Im amazed by the amount of times artists are slated on here without any of us knowing the facts 100% and honestly its starting to get to me.

Blotch and faded doesnt necessarily mean that its the artists fault but could be bad after care.Theres absolutely no way of knowing.

Definitely avoid there. If someone fcuks up that badly, I wouldn't trust them to fix it. Better off paying more money to get it fixed somewhere else, rather than run the risk of him fcking up again.

Why??

Most artists that are reputable will fix blotches and fading for free.It should always always always be the first port of call.If that fails then get someone else to fix it.

I guess its something that you really do get what you pay for, had i checked this thread sooner I would have told her to avoid.

I contacted groupon but as far as they are concerned the voucher was used so that's that, which is all well and good if you don't have patchy faded ink on your arm after 2 months that looks like it was done years ago!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

5500 wrote: »
    I guess its something that you really do get what you pay for, had i checked this thread sooner I would have told her to avoid.

I contacted groupon but as far as they are concerned the voucher was used so that's that, which is all well and good if you don't have patchy faded ink on your arm after 2 months that looks like it was done years ago!

Ok rather than slate the artist answer this.

What after care guidlines did your girlfriend follow?
    Did she shower with it?
    Did she pick scabs off?
    Did she go swimming with it?
    What ointment did she use?

Its not fair to hop on a thread and slate someones livelihood without giving us all the facts.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Or else it wasnt looked after properly.Im amazed by the amount of times artists are slated on here without any of us knowing the facts 100% and honestly its starting to get to me.

Blotch and faded doesnt necessarily mean that its the artists fault but could be bad after care.Theres absolutely no way of knowing.

Why??

Most artists that are reputable will fix blotches and fading for free.It should always always always be the first port of call.If that fails then get someone else to fix it.

@ point 1 - Of course, healing comes into it. If it's badly healed, it can feck the tattoo up. That said, if it healed badly, to the point of the tattoo coming out blotchy purely from the healing process, I would have assumed (perhaps wrongly, though) that the poster would have mentioned it being a difficult healing process, as this obviously could have contributed to it. Stand to be corrected, of course.

@ point 2 - For me, IF someone fecks up (I did say if, in my post above, too) so badly that my tattoo fades and blotches, I personally would rather pay more money to another artist to fix it. If someone can't get my tattoo right in the first place, why would I trust them to get it right the next go?

They're only my own opinions though, as is everything I post on boards.

I'm not skating anyone's lively hood, I'm giving as accurate information as I can as to our experience with the company in question.

For after care she washed it initially in warm water with antibacterial soap and applied bepanthen thinly to it as required, 3 times a day. She kept it covered in the shower for the first 5 days and made sure not scratch or pick the scabs once formed either, and she didn't go swimming. Its not her first tattoo either.

The blotches were apparent after about 2 weeks, which was before when she initially began to try and make contact with them, like I previously said she made attempts by call and email and none were returned.

I appreciate people can be up to there eyes and busy or have actual lives ect but being ignored with no reply is a bit slack.

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    @ point 1 - Of course, healing comes into it. If it's badly healed, it can feck the tattoo up. That said, if it healed badly, to the point of the tattoo coming out blotchy purely from the healing process, I would have assumed (perhaps wrongly, though) that the poster would have mentioned it being a difficult healing process, as this obviously could have contributed to it. Stand to be corrected, of course.

Its not always a bad healing process.For example if the OPs girlfriend hopped in the shower everyday without covering it up that will cause fading but may not necessarily have a bad healing process.Likeiwse with too much ointment on it.

@ point 2 - For me, IF someone fecks up (I did say if, in my post above, too) so badly that my tattoo fades and blotches, I personally would rather pay more money to another artist to fix it. If someone can't get my tattoo right in the first place, why would I trust them to get it right the next go?

See point 1.It may not be the artists fault.And its just general courtesy to get the original artist to touch it up.Ive had to do it myself.Unfortunately the artist that did mine is in Spain but I will be getting it touched up this year free of charge--2 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

so if the aftercare was correct and the tattoo is still blotchy & faded, would that be a way of knowing?

I agree with your point of first stop should be the place where the tattoo was performed if there is any fading etc, but if it were me (and i would 100% follow the aftercare requirements) and it turned out faded & blotchy i would not feel confident with the same person doing the repair job.

Its not always a bad healing process.For example if the OPs girlfriend hopped in the shower everyday without covering it up that will cause fading but may not necessarily have a bad healing process.Likeiwse with too much ointment on it.

See point 1.It may not be the artists fault.And its just general courtesy to get the original artist to touch it up.Ive had to do it myself.Unfortunately the artist that did mine is in Spain but I will be getting it touched up this year free of charge--2 years later.

Sorry, I include things like covering it up in the shower as standard practise for the healing process. :o I should have been more specific.

@point two, yeah, it may not be the artist's fault, but if the information given in all of the guy's posts are 100% accurate, it's not his girlfriend's fault. Like I said, my second point was purely personal preference. If I got a 'bad' tattoo done (I'm not saying the artist is at fault, I have said 'if' all the way through, speaking in general terms here), and the artist is refusing to respond to my emails, calls, texts and whatever else, I would assume that he's not going to be somebody I can trust to fix it.

so if the aftercare was correct and the tattoo is still blotchy & faded, would that be a way of knowing?

Nope.Different people react to different forms of aftercare.Im only playing devils advocate here.I dont know if the OP has done the aftercare right but likewise I also dont know if the artist is at fault.

People are very quick to say "I got an infected" tattoo.But yet in almost 30 years of being around / involved with tattoos Ive never ever seen an infected tattoo--its always been down to poor aftercare.

I agree with your point of first stop should be the place where the tattoo was performed if there is any fading etc, but if it were me (and i would 100% follow the aftercare requirements) and it turned out faded & blotchy i would not feel confident with the same person doing the repair job.

The only way to find out whos at fault is to return to the artist.They`ll know straight away if its an after care problem or the way the tattoo was done and this will give them the opportunity to go and fix it so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clairejaytrev

Hi
    Does anyone have a phone number or email address for V Tattoo as I can't find anything on google
    Thanks
    Claire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Hi
    Does anyone have a phone number or email address for V Tattoo as I can't find anything on google
    Thanks
    Claire

Name changed facebook here http://www.facebook.com/VendettaTattooDublin?fref=ts

Phone numbers here; 0879379191

*Numbers taken from facebook mods.

Advertisement