Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass sand for arenas

Options
  • 06-10-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hello every one,
    I have heard that glass sand was a very good and cost effective way to make an arena, something around €7 per ton taken from some site in Wexford.
    Has anybody done that lately - there is an post mentioning it in Equestrian but it goes back to 2009.

Thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Odelay

isaos wrote: »
    Hello every one,
    I have heard that glass sand was a very good and cost effective way to make an arena, something around €7 per ton taken from some site in Wexford.
    Has anybody done that lately - there is an post mentioning it in Equestrian but it goes back to 2009.

Thanks for any feedback!

Silica/glass sand is around €37 per ton, normal wexford is around €17 per ton and afaik that is not delivered. your price seems very cheap. just make sure it is good clean sand, anything else is a total waste of money no matter how good the surface is underneath. also keep it clean and free of leaves as these will rot and clog the sand- after a few years water will then lodge on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I have crushed glass in. It's fine. Costs €15 per tonne in Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

finbarrk wrote: »
    I have crushed glass in. It's fine. Costs €15 per tonne in Clare.

Same here - from Whelans ? :D

Lovely surface. A few round here have it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

Thank you very much for your answers. Now all we have to do is get it done... !

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CW1989

• Advertisement
Advertisement