Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding book on Cork archaeology

Options
  • 06-10-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me track down somewhere I could buy a book on Cork archaeology. I've been looking to buy 'The industrial Archaeology of Cork city and its environs' by Colin Rynne for the past number of months but it is out of print. I've tried every second hand bookshop I could find and most of the online ones I can think of, I did contact the author, but even he is having trouble tracking copies! I thought I would post here on the off chance that anyone may have come across it in their travels. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me track down somewhere I could buy a book on Cork archaeology. I've been looking to buy 'The industrial Archaeology of Cork city and its environs' by Colin Rynne for the past number of months but it is out of print. I've tried every second hand bookshop I could find and most of the online ones I can think of, I did contact the author, but even he is having trouble tracking copies! I thought I would post here on the off chance that anyone may have come across it in their travels. Cheers

I used it for my thesis 3 or 4 years back. I got it from the city library on Grand Parade and no one came looking for it so I was able to renew it for months on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Unfortunately it appears they only have reference copies available now. Either way it's something I'm going to need fairly regularly over the next few years, so I'm looking to buy a copy for myself. Thanks for the info though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Try ebay. Was looking for an Irish book out of print since the mid 90s and eventually one came up and got it for handy money.

Thanks 'lunacy, this particular one seems to have amazon and ebay beaten for the time being, and I've alerts set up across a few other sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Took me just over three years to get a book (for 92p!) I looked for on my 'want' list here:
    http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=rynne&sts=t&tn=colin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I actually completely forgot that i got a copy here as a present a few years ago. Pm me if youre still interested.

PM sent Telekon!

Advertisement