Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How difficult is the Junior cert?

Options
  • 06-10-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I keep reading about people who say they studied for only a few weeks before the Junior cert and did fine.. is it really that easy?
    How hard did you think it was?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I keep reading about people who say they studied for only a few weeks before the Junior cert and did fine.. is it really that easy?
    How hard did you think it was?
    Okay, so this is difficult to put into words...

You have to think it's hard... for it to be easy in the end.

My opinion is that you have to have a little bit of panic in order to do well.

The term I would use to describe this frame of mind is agnostic - you can't know it's simple, because if you know it's simple, you won't study and it will actually be hard. If you panic about it being hard, you'll work yourself into an unnecessary state.

So basically, think that the Junior Cert is waaayy hard, have it in the back of your mind that it's actually not that bad, but shhh, don't tell anyone. :D

Others any different opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Okay, so this is difficult to put into words...

You have to think it's hard... for it to be easy in the end.

My opinion is that you have to have a little bit of panic in order to do well.

The term I would use to describe this frame of mind is agnostic - you can't know it's simple, because if you know it's simple, you won't study and it will actually be hard. If you panic about it being hard, you'll work yourself into an unnecessary state.

So basically, think that the Junior Cert is waaayy hard, have it in the back of your mind that it's actually not that bad, but shhh, don't tell anyone. :D

Others any different opinions?

Ahh I get it :D Thank you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For a literate child who attends school every day, listens and understands in class and keeps up with his/her homework, it's not difficult to do really well in the Junior Cert.. It is designed as an exam to maximise success.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kiltwearer

it depends on how you look at it. Also, it depends on how well you want to do. do you want to get all a's? all passes? scrape by in the exam? One of everything, as in an a, b, c, d, e?

basically, it's not impossible if you are a capable student. My sister would have been able to get all a's in her exams, but she was also lazy so she did the bare minimum and did not work to full potential, in the end she got b's, c's and d, all hounours.
    I had to work harder, i know i could never have gotten all a's but i worked consistently during the year and came out with a's b's and c's, all honours.

Put in the work, be prepared, then it will seem easy.

Of course, do the bare minimum with the aim of simply passing all pass subjects (when you can do more) and it is also easy.

Aim too high, put yourself under pressure and its hard.
    dont do enough work and leave all practical work to the end (projects, art, woodwork..) and its so stressful and difficult.

Advertisement