Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo project

• 06-10-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Have you ever noticed the amount of phones, camera etc taking pictures at a concert, football, event and the like.

I think it would be an interesting project to stitch as many images taken from all those different vantage points to build up a virtual semi-3d model that could allow a viewer to pan and move about an event.

So - how do I do this?
    I was thinking of getting the promoters to have on the ticket stub a request to take some pics and a link to upload images. The ticket stub number or some unique code) should give a fair indication of location within a venue, more or less. The use can upload their images with the code and the images collated within a virtual model or map.

any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Good idea but not sure if it would look that great as you mainly have low quality pictures being taken. There's an Irish company doing something similar. They get people to upload videos of a gig, they edit them and overlay the original track, looks pretty decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This is already available.. For video too

Can't think of the site to hand, but I'm sure they were Irish that invented it

Basically, you upload your videos and they sync them to the Audio from the AV desk at a gig

Similar thing with Photos

Advertisement