Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvesting in Oz End of Oct to xmas is it worth going for such a short period????

Options
  • 06-10-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My situation is I currently have a job here but work got quite, so had been applying but notting coming up I work for an insulation company now work has picked up again, have a job more or less got in Oz harvesting from end of October till before xmas if i want it (would be with two lads from my own locality at home who had been on same farm last yr). Coming home for xmas and then going to Thailand with the girlfriend for 3 weeks (she is not going to Oz with me this time but may in the future) and propably go working in Ireland again.
    I think it is a great oppturnity to go I did a Uk harvest 3 years ago and really enjoyed it plus would hopefully save a lot of money in a short time. Just wondering has anyone done such a short period in Oz flights will be in or around €1400-€1500. And if i wish to get a second year visa I will not have completed the full 88 days, I know that I can get more regional work in the new year if i wish with same employer and that would resolve that issue. I know the period there willl be short very unsure what the best move is at the moment would appreciate any comments of advice of anyone who had been in a sililar situation.

Just wondering if I want to go to Oz for a second year ie once 88days completed do I have to do the following year or how does the granting of a second year visa work??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Moved from Travel :)

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement