Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn special offers

Options
  • 06-10-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭

We regularly get leaflets from Superquinn through the letterbox advertising special offers - discounts, buy one get one free, etc etc. Every time my wife avails of these special offers, we end up going back to the shop because we have been wrongly charged. Once she had misread the leaflet and the offer wasn't valid on the date of purchase, but very other time we have been refunded, no questions asked. Sometimes it is only a few pence, but today for example it was €4.60. This seems to happen about 50% of the time we shop in Superquinn. Judging by the way we get refunded without the staff even checking things, I would say they are well aware of what is going on. We are lucky we live close to the store and can nip back to query things, a lot of people wouldn't bother (or not even notice they are being over charged). Another dodgy practice we encountered today - fish fillets advertised as reduced to €2, except when we went to pay they charged €4. We enquired why they weren't reduced as per the leaflet and were told it was €2 per fillet, not €2 for the pack of 2. This was a sealed pack of 2 fillets, how can they price them individualy? You can't buy 1.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had these sort of problems with Superquinn? I will be writing to their head office, this is far too frequent an occurence.

Comments

Advertisement