Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paperwhite or touch ?

Options
  • 06-10-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

i was wondering what's your opinion of the new kindle PW? would you prefer it or the old touch ? please share :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Burgundy !

if someone offered you a PW for you touch would you accept :P ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

i have an old kindle keyboard and if I had the option to upgrade I would go for the PW. Personally I think the touch is pointless, where as the light on the PW is genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

The paperwhite is gorgeous. Text is crisper, pages refresh faster (and the touch function works better), best of all the light makes it easy to read in a dim corner of the room. Unfortunately OH has staked his claim to it, so I'll be ordering another one only I won't get it until after Christmas now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The paperwhite is a touch, no?

Just with a better screen.

It's a shame they seem to be phasing out the buttons completely, but I'd love the ability to read without a room light.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

I had the original one keyboard one and was never that pushed on the touch. I now have the Paperwhite and I really recommend it. The light is excellent. I'd go with that option. As Dades points out, it's also touch - no keyboard, buttons...

• Advertisement

where did you get it ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

US...

any retail shops selling them yet :P ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

they have them in my local waterstones, €129 for the non 3g model

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Where's your local? On their website it says it's just in select stores.

• Advertisement
Advertisement