Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best make Bathroom Fan

Options
  • 06-10-2012 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi, sorry for another extractor thread. I am upgrading the extractor fans in my bathrooms (Spark by trade). I know from past experiences most of the inline fans on the market are useless so I've decided to go for something semi commercial. I can get Vortice from ATC and can source Vent-Axia. Does anyone here find either better than the other? Am I better off going to 150mm fan?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

tommyh1977 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for another extractor thread. I am upgrading the extractor fans in my bathrooms (Spark by trade). I know from past experiences most of the inline fans on the market are useless so I've decided to go for something semi commercial. I can get Vortice from ATC and can source Vent-Axia. Does anyone here find either better than the other? Am I better off going to 150mm fan?

I have never used the Vent-Axia, but I have always found the Vortice to be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

2011 wrote: »

I have never used the Vent-Axia, but I have always found the Vortice to be great.
    i fitted a couple of quality inline fans recently
    -think they were vortice
    dual speed

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

M cebee wrote: »
    -think they were vortice
    dual speed
    Would you recommend them too?

I found the Deta to be cr@p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

2011 wrote: »
    M cebee wrote: »
    -think they were vortice
    dual speed
    Would you recommend them too?

I found the Deta to be cr@p
    yes-i think they came from kellihers.
    they were a little noisy on high speed even though i fitted rubber dampers

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

I've heard the vortice have a great extraction rate, albeit at a much higher price than other fans on the market. Then again you pay for what you get.

• Advertisement

I've heard the vortice have a great extraction rate, albeit at a much higher price than other fans on the market. Then again you pay for what you get.

Yes, I installed the all too expensive 12V Vortice fan in the ceiling of my shower cubicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭desoc32

I installed a 6" Vortice inline fan to my parents busy bathroom over 6 years ago and still works perfectly and got it for free at the time too :-). I noticed some wholesalers are selling those budget fans that bend so much you cant get the front "snap on" cover back on. Pain in the face. Worth the extra few quid for a decent brand that takes half the time to put up, makes half the noise and last prob more than twice as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

How do you find it for extraction performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭desoc32

Excellent for extraction. I had to use 6" to 4" reducers though as using it with 4" ducts (as i said i got for free). Clears the bathroom much quicker obviously than a 4" and the females in the house like half hour showers and closed windows so plenty of steam to extract :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Can I ask who sells these Vortice fans?

Is the one with the humidity sensor any good?

Whats the best fan to go for then,with regards extraction rate and noise levels?

Im fed up with the fans comming on in the ensuite and main bathroom,everytime the light is turned on,so Im looking at the one with the humidity sensor.

Thanks.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eddieham

@paddy147

here's a link to ATC(Vortice) stockists http://www.atc.ie/heating_ventilation/stockists.asp

You would be best advised to call ATC first, to find the fan that best suits your needs, they will need some info from you, aprox room size,window, ducted or not, if so length and type of duct.
    Most vortice fans are available with a humidity option

I have three of the humidity fans here and much prefer them to a switched only fan, like you I replaced replaced standard for the humidity option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

eddieham wrote: »
    @paddy147

here's a link to ATC(Vortice) stockists http://www.atc.ie/heating_ventilation/stockists.asp

You would be best advised to call ATC first, to find the fan that best suits your needs, they will need some info from you, aprox room size,window, ducted or not, if so length and type of duct.
    Most vortice fans are available with a humidity option

Fantastic.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

paddy147 wrote: »
    Can I ask who sells these Vortice fans?

Is the one with the humidity sensor any good?

Whats the best fan to go for then,with regards extraction rate and noise levels?

Im fed up with the fans comming on in the ensuite and main bathroom,everytime the light is turned on,so Im looking at the one with the humidity sensor.

Thanks.:)

Would something like one of these work ?

http://rossinair.ie/

no idea how effective they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

With regards to sticking on a bigger fan to a smaller duct (with reducers) is there any benifit. A lad was bending my ear one day about this and likened it to have four lanes of traffic (6"fan) trying to cross a two land bridge (4" duct).
    Regarding the more expensive fans, while probably better built/quiter/last longer to they spin faster. Another words if you have your basic €20 fan pulling air through a 4" duct does the more expensive one spin faster to pull more air through?.

Advertisement