Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claremount Cairn - New lights?

Options
  • 06-10-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭

I was driving Blackrock - Dundalk with my folks last night, and my dad asked was there a new light at the TV mast on Claremount Cairn. Sure enough, when I looked across the bay I could see 2 red lights on the mast, and a third one above them, much brighter, that flashes every few seconds.
    Are they new?
    In 40+ years, I can't recall ever seeing a light there, not to mention 3 of them.
    Have they always been there, and I just haven't noticed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

It's a recent change, the mast used to be lit steady red if I remember and the old mast was lit too. Must be a programme of refitting lights as Three Rock and Kippure now have similar installations.

It's been like that since the new mast was put up which would be what, 10-12 years ago?

Advertisement