Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Study

Options
  • 06-10-2012 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi guys

Looking to do some study on Sunday and was wondering if there is anywhere on campus open that I can study?

If not is there a suitable alternative location - unfortunately studying at home is not currently an option.

All the best

Az0th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

The Education Officer Shane was talking about opening a 24 hour study area in the student centre. I dont know if this has happened yet though. I can pm you his contact details if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 whoopssinead

I was just about to ask the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

i don't know why the library is closed on sunday, i'd like to find a place as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

kilrush wrote: »
    The Education Officer Shane was talking about opening a 24 hour study area in the student centre. I dont know if this has happened yet though. I can pm you his contact details if you like?

Indeed, there were a few things that were promised that seem to have fallen of the radar unfortunately. It looks like the 24 hour study area will not be happening.

Putting the 24 hour study area aside, I would like to see the SU push to get the library open on Sunday once again. Its a joke that it is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Library is going to start opening again on Sundays in the next month afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Az0th wrote: »
    Hi guys

Looking to do some study on Sunday and was wondering if there is anywhere on campus open that I can study?

If not is there a suitable alternative location - unfortunately studying at home is not currently an option.

All the best

Az0th

UCD is catholic university, they dont encourage sunday studying cause they wanna keep the Sabbath.

education officer said today that 24 hour study area is set to open next week on a pilot basis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Az0th

kilrush wrote: »
    education officer said today that 24 hour study area is set to open next week on a pilot basis

Great

So does that mean the student center will be open for study from Sunday week onwards?

I think the room where the gym inductions took place will be open as the 24 hour study room from monday but ill ask on monday to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Are most buildings generally accessable on Sundays or do they lock them off? Such as the Daidlus (sp?) building?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

I'd like to know if theyre open on a sunday aswell.. looking to do some printing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 whoopssinead

Any update on the 24 hour study place?

I was talking to some of the staff at the student center and they were unaware it was happening this week.

I told them about how it was mentioned in the student paper and they seem to have been uninformed. They told me the room was due to be used for something else but they would try to get it cleared out for people to study there on Sunday.

They said I should ask them tomorrow if it will be free but that it's possible it won't be.

Sounds like it has been poorly implemented :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I was talking to some of the staff at the student center and they were unaware it was happening this week.

You referring to the Sunday Study or the 24 hour study?

Maldesu wrote: »
    You referring to the Sunday Study or the 24 hour study?

Sunday Study

Sadly it's not going ahead this week.

No place to study available this Sunday either.

I would have thought the college would rather temporarily allow study to go on in the designated recreational area rather than leaving students with no option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

No place to study available this Sunday either.

I would have thought the college would rather temporarily allow study to go on in the designated recreational area rather s than leaving students with no option.

How things change... When I was in college, which was only a few ago, the library opened till 11 every night and till 8 on Sundays. Other buildings like Arts and Deadalus also opened on Sundays. At exam time you could stay in the library till midnight and then they opened the downstairs part of the restaurant for overnight study. I guess there's been budget cutbacks since then :-(

Advertisement