Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course help, automotive / motorsport?

Options
  • 06-10-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Having to decide on my CAO soon,
    I am intrested in motorsport and product design.
    I have been looking at University West of Scotland for a Motorsport Design engineering course, or Swanea for Automotive Engineering, or mabye i would be better off staying in Ireland and doing a CAD or Product Design course:P

Any ideas on what these courses/universitys are like? Or any other ways to break into that kind of automotive/motorsport design and technology kind of work..

Any help at all would be greatly appricated as i am way out of my dept when it comes to this kind of stuff, cheers.
    Conor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Like I'm not applying to go university in the uk. But Scotland has no fees. If you go to the England expect to pay anything up to £9000 per year

Also you apply to the uk colleges through a British version of the cao. You cant use the Irish cao

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TheConorDunne

Yeah i have to apply through UCAS. Swansea is giving grants to Irish students so the fee goes dow to £3000. Best universities are in England but I'd have to sell a kidney... I'm wondering if these colleges are free for a reason,mabey there no good?...

Advertisement