Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor: warfighter beta

• 06-10-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Anybody playing this?

It's a bit rough around the edges at the moment as expected.

Only one map and game mode, called hotspot. A number if objectives that have to be destroyed with explosives.

5 classes in it with a good amount of weapons and different nationalities.

Plenty of weapon customisation.

Enjoying it so far!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anybody playing this?

Only one map and game mode, called hotspot. A number if objectives that have to be destroyed with explosives.

Enjoying it so far!

How did you get into it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Anybody playing this?

Enjoying it so far!

How did you get into it?

It's an open beta, just download it and away ya go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

The menus are really confusing and spawn system is terrible IMO. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

I think the feel of the game is fine but those menus are godawful, last night I was trying to go back to the spawn menu from the my gun screen and I hit A to respawn just as a quit game menu popped up for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ye some of the menus are just awful. It's a pity it's such a dark map too. I don't know why this is called a beta either,surely it's a glorified demo, how much can they change between now and release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Downloaded it last night and couldn't connect :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Finally got a game this morning and it just wasn't worth it. It looks awful and plays exactly like a dozen other military shooters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i really liked the multiplayer feel in first medal of honor ( modern version )

it felt defencive play, not a run and gun kid sandbox stuff. i might give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Is it Xbox only?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Chavways wrote: »
    Is it Xbox only?

The beta is, the alpha was on PC. There's nothing for PS3 users it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Spear wrote: »
    The beta is, the alpha was on PC. There's nothing for PS3 users it seems.

Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Downloading this as I speak. 1.61 gb on xbox. Taking its time.

what are peoples impressions now that its has had a few days of play. im still uindecided, its hasnt warranted a purchase for me yet anyway, maybe it was just the map or game mode that didnt appeal to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I'm not blown away with it. Thats not to say its crap of course.
    But I cant help but feel its a cross between Battlefield and Call of Duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I normally dont get confused with fps games, but I must admit it took me a few minutes to work out what the hell I had done when I started this (specifically I seem to have sided with ze germans???)

Also other things like the outline of enemies appearing now and then. If that's MOH's version of spotting ala BF3 then it takes the piss.

though only played 2 rounds and my 2nd one was with my entire team gone and me alone vs 5 enemies...lost it badly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

undecided
    i like it and i dont

i dont like the map, there are too many things that get in the way of what seems like a route and some 'rocks' or rubble that you cant jump over even though they are not that high. for me anyway it kind of stopped the flow of it somewhat. id like to play another map before i make up my mind, a rental maybe for now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Berlin at night

Its a load of crap - too short as with all MOH games since the first one. I got it for a tenner in GS so can't complain. Just got Wolfstein for a tenner as well, its awesome if you like blood and guts and big graphics. Brilliant.

Advertisement