Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin counting machine in Navan area

Options
  • 06-10-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi.

Anyone know of any coin counting machines in Navan and what rate do they charge?

I see one in Supervalue in Beechmount, it chartges 12.5%.
    Anyone see any better rates around Navan?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

They're all around that. In my experience, kids love counting money, so just do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

They're all around that. In my experience, kids love counting money, so just do that!

Was thinking that alright, but then there's the risk that they might mess up a bag or two, could be unlucky in the bank if they check one and it's not right, then they give the whole lot back.

I have A LOT of change too, so I think I'll just dump it in the machine.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    Was thinking that alright, but then there's the risk that they might mess up a bag or two, could be unlucky in the bank if they check one and it's not right, then they give the whole lot back.

I have A LOT of change too, so I think I'll just dump it in the machine.
    Thanks.

The banks just weigh the bags, no luck involved. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

bladespin wrote: »
    The banks just weigh the bags, no luck involved. :confused:

I was told they only check some bags?

Last time I changed a load of coins (years ago) they only checked some.
    Once they were ok they they didn't count the other bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

just do some shopping in tesco and use the self scan if they have the new one you can just throw some coins in the basket and the machine will do the rest and you will get the full value of your change :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement