Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to pigout in Dublin

Options
  • 06-10-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all

Looking for some hidden gems where you can get some tasty heart stopping food, preferably somewhere that is good even when your sober so abrakebabra ect is out

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Have a look at the best kebabs in Dublin thread. I'd enjoy any of them sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I haven't been yet personally, but im dying to get in here
    http://aussiebbq.ie/menu.html
    The great white burger would certainly be considered pigging out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Got an amazing burger in Joburger in Rathmines a few years back.

Iskanders is good any time of the day but the seats are awful. Ya wouldn't sit there for too long.

After that I don't know where is good. Was in a place called the Empire Diner in NYC and often wondered is there anything similar in Dublin.

I had one experience of the chicken wings in Elephant and Castle and I can best describe them as appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

aussie bbq is good, so cheap too, ( a full pound burger and chips is less than a tenner)

I tried a new Chinese sit down buffet yesterday too, It was amazing, the Golden Palace, over the Viscount Pub in Whitehall. It was 14.99 all you can order. and the portions were really decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Mongolian BBQ, early bird, all you can eat meat.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Jimmy Chung's is an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet so probably fits the bill, though personally I'm a fan of Eddie Rocket's when it comes to pigging out

Sorcha16 wrote: »
    Jimmy Chung's is an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet so probably fits the bill, though personally I'm a fan of Eddie Rocket's when it comes to pigging out

Its also absolutely disgusting.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Anyone here ever eat in the Epicurean Food Emporium on Abbey Street??

I've often been tempted but it always looks really packed (which I guess is a good sign :) )

What's the food like??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Really depends what you're into. Some really nice cuisines.. others you can find better elsewhere. It's really worth a look though!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

+1. got a boardsdeal (?) for it there a while back 2 ilb burgers and 2 fries for a tenner. good nice grub, and well recommended!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Really depends what you're into. Some really nice cuisines.. others you can find better elsewhere. It's really worth a look though!
    +1 - It's well worth a wander around. You'll definitely find something tasty to pig out on there, and even get a bit of an education!

Loads of Chinese buffet places around Abbey/Liffey St, saw one yesterday that had all-you-can-eat for €6.99 on a Sunday.

Can't beat Zaytoon I find. I'm a big fan of Green19 too though, all mains €10 and you wouldn't leave hungry...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

xzanti wrote: »
    Anyone here ever eat in the Epicurean Food Emporium on Abbey Street??

I've often been tempted but it always looks really packed (which I guess is a good sign :) )

What's the food like??

It's gorgeous Xzanti, definitely worth a trip as you can try a different cuisine every time you visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Garcia11

There's a little chinese buffet(forget the name)not far away from Jervis LUAS stop. got a red front. very nice. 6.99 plus 1.50 for a glass of Juice, which is a lot better than some of the ones ive been to.

(if you ever come to Nottingham im not sure how long May Sum have had the food out for there, ugh...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Sorcha16 wrote: »
    Jimmy Chung's is an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet so probably fits the bill
    As good as any quality Chinese. A fabulous place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Merkin wrote: »
    It's gorgeous Xzanti, definitely worth a trip as you can try a different cuisine every time you visit!

second this. some really good stuff in there

Merkin wrote: »

second this. some really good stuff in there

Some, but not all. I wouldn't go near the Greek place again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

If I was going Chinese id pick one of the traditional places on capel street or Parnell St, much better than the gick they serve in the all you can eat places. Though if I was going for a pigout option id probably choose Eddie's, deep fried goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Also, TGI Friday's on Stephen's Green have a two-course special for €15 that should fill a gap in anyone's belly, good hangover spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Proxy wrote: »
    Also, TGI Friday's on Stephen's Green have a two-course special for €15 that should fill a gap in anyone's belly, good hangover spot!

Ah no TGI Fridays, Eddie Rockets and Captain Americas are all over priced average food for me.

The Counter is good one in Dundrum and town, do a top notch burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

10,000 Welcome's is the Chinese buffet beside the Jervis Luas stop.

€6.99 and lovely food,much better value then Jimmy Chungs on Eden Quay.

Always a good few Chinese folk eating in there too which is a good sign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Proxy wrote: »

TGI Fridays is muck and way over priced!

Try Buffalo 19 in rathmines ! tasty buffalo wings EVER and they do milkshakes of all kinds :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 coolgal52

market bar is very tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

I got a take-away from there last night. I got the pulled pork roll, fries, and ribs. The fries were very nice in fairness, the pork roll was fine, and the ribs were possibly the most disgusting thing I have ever been presented with. It was basically a big slab of fat with some bones buried in it.

Maybe this is some other form of ribs that I have never come in contact with before and they are trying to do something different, but it was absolutely foul. After one very cautious bite, which left me dripping in grease, it went straight in the bin.

emzolita wrote: »
    aussie bbq is good, so cheap too, ( a full pound burger and chips is less than a tenner)

I tried a new Chinese sit down buffet yesterday too, It was amazing, the Golden Palace, over the Viscount Pub in Whitehall. It was 14.99 all you can order. and the portions were really decent.

Portions ? In a buffet ? do you mean an all-u-can-eat ?

Jimmy Chungs is the ultimate in buffet All-u-can-eat eating in my opinion. 9.60 with great desserts and an ice cream machine ......all in a real restaurant setting. Great stuff.

10,000 Welcome's is the Chinese buffet beside the Jervis Luas stop.

€6.99 and lovely food,much better value then Jimmy Chungs on Eden Quay.

Always a good few Chinese folk eating in there too which is a good sign.

It's quite good - I agree. But JC's has desserts and an ice cream machine, as well as about three times the range of starters and main courses. It also has a real restaurant feel about it.

Personally I believe that more than makes up for the small difference between 6.99 and 9.60.

Advertisement