Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recomend anime?

• 06-10-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

hey lads, i am totally new here. I got some time to kill lately, so watching something would be great.

i have to admit i know feck all about it, but i would not mind give it a go. So far i only watched DBZ ( who didnt? ) and full metal alchemist ( really really loved it ).
    I am trying to watch Bleach ( 205 episode? ). its not bad, but not as good as i expected. So anything better i could watch lads?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Baccano! is a great series (if you can wrap yer head around when they jump around various time periods), only 16 episodes long but crams so much goodness into it.

Cowboy Beebop is old but damn is it amazing.

Any particular stuff ya think you would like? Mechs & robots, supernatural & magic (kinda like FMA), modern or futuristic? just to know what ya would like. There is also a recommended anime thread stickied at the top with more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

You should try FMA: Brotherhood.
    I didn't want to watch it after watching the first...err...version. But it's awesome. Maybe watch a few other shows before it.
    I'm currently watching Hunter X Hunter. Really addictive.
    And +1 on Cowboy Bebop.
    Oh yeah mustn't forget Samurai Champloo.

Dammit. Too many to recommend. Watch everything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

GarH wrote: »
    You should try FMA: Brotherhood.
    I didn't want to watch it after watching the first...err...version. But it's awesome. Maybe watch a few other shows before it.
    I'm currently watching Hunter X Hunter. Really addictive.
    And +1 on Cowboy Bebop.
    Oh yeah mustn't forget Samurai Champloo.

Dammit. Too many to recommend. Watch everything :)

i think i was watching the brotherhood one as that was the one recomended.

i just watched a bit more of bleach and i got hooked again, as it went a bit more interesting now. so i got 6 more seasons to watch of that.

as for what sort of stuff i like... i dont know lol. i really really loved the FMA. I like the ones, that are a bit more serious. I really dont like the whole OVER the top EMO crap, but if its good, i can get over it. SCI-fi would be class.

then again i sow trailer for that: deadman wonderland, which looked fantastic. anything like that? or even the thing itself? any place to stream or get that off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I like the ones, that are a bit more serious. SCI-fi would be class.

I was going to recommend Cowboy Bebop along with the others who have anyway, but then I read those two bits from your post above and Cowboy Bebop fits the bill for both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Numina wrote: »
    I was going to recommend Cowboy Bebop along with the others who have anyway, but then I read those two bits from your post above and Cowboy Bebop fits the bill for both of them.

just shortly: what is it about? in basic colors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Group of bounty hunters flying round the solar system shooting up the place....and jazz, so.....so much jazz! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gintama - Parody show of animes, lot of Bleach references but maybe leave it til you watch some more? :P
    Darker Than Black
    Black Lagoon
    Soul Eater
    Sword Art Online
    Another
    Monster
    Code Geass
    Azumanga Daioh

Take your pick :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

the slayers
    metal gear panic
    chrome shelled regios
    the black butler
    orphen
    devil man
    ninja scroll

Advertisement