Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October Increases and Fixed Term Plan

Options
  • 06-10-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm slightly confused about the October increases. I signed up in June to a Fixed Term Price Plan which led me to believe that the price of a unit would stay the same and on the EI website it says that:

"Yes, this increase will affect all of our residential electricity customers, except those customers who availed of our Fixed Price Plan* who will see only their PSO charge increase. * This price plan is no longer available."

I was sent an email saying my fixed plan was going to change, however, am I confused as to why. When I signed up to this plan I signed up for these prices. EI may be able to increase their prices but I am unable to change out of my plan so why are changes allowed to the happen to my plan. Perhaps I missed some small print but I dont its fair for me to research a price plan that suited my budget to then have it increased but with me not allowed to change my plan to another company which may have a cheaper deal. Some clarification would be great.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi angelmusicgirl,

If you signed up to the Fixed Price Plan in June, you are protected from any increases in unit price or standing charges for the duration of your contract; only the PSO Levy increase would apply to you. This means that you should only see an approximate increase of 1%.

For further information on the Oct 1st price increase, see here.

I hope this clears things up. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement