Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pin-up

Options
  • 06-10-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hey everybody :)

I don't know if these types of threads are allowed, if not then Mods I'm sorry and remove if necessary!

Basically I'm looking to get a pin up girl as my 2nd tattoo (already have a swallow on my left calf that I got two years ago). Anyhow, my problem is that I'm at a loss for a design, there's so many wonderful examples out there, but they have also confused me even more as to what I want. I like old, vintage style pin up, I'm set on that, but it's just what exactly I want. I'm a nurse myself , so considering something related to that but I think it could have the potential to be tacky. I have a huge passion for cars too so something related to that would be cool. Ill either get it on my right calf or torso :)

Just wondering if the wondeful folk in the tattoos & piercings forum can help me out on the design front, any pictures and suggestions are gratefully accepted. Thanks a mill guys :)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Everything you want is here :

http://www.thepinupfiles.com/

Thousands of designs from the 1940s right up to todays pinup stuff.

Look up John Gladman--Hes a couple of nurse and car ones up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Check out Joe Capobianco stuff, I love his pinups and have one of his designs on my leg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ignore that, I missed the old school traditional part of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Thanks for the replies guys :) That website is fantastic, will post a pic of the results!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

Thanks for the replies guys :) That website is fantastic, will post a pic of the results!! :)

You ever get this tattoo done?

• Advertisement
Advertisement