Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pc on komplett

Options
  • 06-10-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys, ive always been impressed by the good advice here.

Considering buying a new high end gaming computer and i found this : http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/computers/80005939/medion_erazer_x5358d_i7_3770_12gb_2tb_%2b_64gb_ssd/details.aspx

Couple of questions,

1) Do you guys think this is a good build suitable for current games eg guild wars 2, dishonored etc.

2) Is the build suitable for one of those hi-res monitors (yamasaki)

3) Is it good value for money, obviously building myself will save some cash, but how much, and what could you improve on it for the saving in cash?

If anyone wants to help out, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Well Medion are a **** brand but the internals in that machine are excellent, should last you many years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

medion did uped their game lately and they started to make way better balanced machines. i really have a liking to their new laptop range.

saying all that: you better of building PC yourself. If you got 1.5k budget, you can build similar system like that for cheaper. For example you dont need i7 or 12gb ram. SSd is way too small on it too. you could easilily push 256gb one in there with that budget.

just for ****s and giggles i threw this myself in a minute:

Item|Price
    Corsair Carbide Series 500R White, ATX, ohne Netzteil|€100.77
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€54.98
    Samsung SSD 830 256GB SATA III Paper Box|€158.54
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 2000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€89.24
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance Low Profile schwarz PC3-12800U CL9|€36.23
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€208.05
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 OC, 2GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort|€466.18
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch|€88.90
    LG GH24NS bare schwarz|€17.03
    ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP, Sockel 1155, ATX|€79.79
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€1318.70

a lot better system, them medion, cheaper too. If you put more time in to it, you can polish it out to be even better system or even cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

If you're using a catleap, get a HD7970 Ghz edition instead of a GTX 680; it's more powerful than the GTX 680 when overclocked at 2560x1440, it's also cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pewpewkachew

Nice one Shadowhearth

So the improvements you are suggesting, is that the i5-3570 is better than i7-3770?

Is the graphics card different for your build, it says gtx 680 as well but has different specs.

And a bigger SSD, and less RAM from 12gigs to 8gigs, but ye are saying 8g is all i need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

The 3570K is a much better CPU than the 3770, because it can be overclocked. With the 3770, you're stuck at 3.4 or whatever it is, with the 3570K, you can push it all the way to 4.5 or so with a good cooler.

Nice one Shadowhearth

So the improvements you are suggesting, is that the i5-3570 is better than i7-3770?

Is the graphics card different for your build, it says gtx 680 as well but has different specs.

And a bigger SSD, and less RAM from 12gigs to 8gigs, but ye are saying 8g is all i need.

as Serephucus already mentioned. for gaming and over all 3570K is a lot better CPU, because it can be overclocked like there is no tomorrow.

bigger ssd,better gpu ( though i would switch it to even better AMD ghz edition as mentioned above too ). better psu, case, mobo.

biggest advantage of building yourself, you will know what you used for that system. they will be better quality components and you will be always able to upgrade it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Nice one Shadowhearth

A 3570k is much better than a 3770 as the 3770 can not overclock much like a 3570k or a 3770k.
    12gb ram for a dual channel machine is a bad choice its better to use 8gb or 16gb
    Even if you added a 3770k and 16gb ram and you would still be cheaper and have a much better rig.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Given what's inside it's actually not too bad a bad price for a prebuilt, but as the lads have said you could save money on what is actually a more suitable, overclockable gaming CPU, and overall end up with a better balanced machine that is couple of hundred euro cheaper, with a much larger 256 GB SSD, and better quality motherboard,RAM and PSU components.

Advertisement