Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland v Germany - 12/10/2012 - 19:45 - RTE2/SS2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Oh my, the possession

"you could say, Vorsprung Durch possession"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

keith16 wrote: »
    There you go, we go 2 down and the camera pans to an Irish fan giving the finger. Joke.

Will that count as a shot on target for us I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sligo Rovers vs St. Pats tomorrow. 3.30

Trap, head along and watch. And see what inferior players to those are playing tonight are capable of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

What are the odds on mcshane coming on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Reus got pissed off... and now we pay.

Germany has 10 Champions League players on the team... Ireland have 4 Championship players... says it all really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

We don't belong on the same pitch as these lads. This is a pisstake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

We look like we are playing in slow motion compared to the Germans playing at high speed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Or they are on their phones...
    Or behind their laptop, at home

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Ok I'm beginning to think we're the worst team in Europe right now. San Marino, population 30k, are holding england to 0-0 after 32 mins. I give up, I don't think I can follow this lot anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Jaysus, theres a good chance we might lose this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Looking at the players they have absolutely no confidence on the ball. at most we can string 4/5 passes together before someone panics and has to hoof it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Only guy I'm impressed with so far is Walters, he is winning everything in the air.

The team is sh*te though. Quite happy that Reus scored twice, now my Marco Reus card in fifa UT might be worth more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

TRAP OUT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm not even going to complain. The Germans were always going to beat us twice. It's the other matches that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I don't know about everyone else but that muppet giving the finger has really annoyed me...Germany had one impression of our fans after Poland, now this idiot goes and fcuking ruins all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Typical German efficiency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Ok I'm beginning to think we're the worst team in Europe right now. San Marino, population 30k, are holding england to 0-0 after 32 mins. I give up, I don't think I can follow this lot anymore.

We held Germany to 0-0 for 32 mins and they are a far stronger team than England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't know about everyone else but that muppet giving the finger has really annoyed me...Germany had one impression of our fans after Poland, now this idiot goes and fcuking ruins all that.

Yep there going raise the interest rates on our bailout now as well because of him, **** it they might invade us as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

581473_2416645511409_344757415_n.jpg

Can people f**k off talking about the fans. This is the worst I've seen Ireland and I've been following them 25 years. I haven't had anything to cheer about in years. I'm sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

2 very good goals by Germany. When they attack they look dangerous when we attack we look average and it will be a mistake by Germany that allows us to score.

Cant see it happening all the same.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Anyone else think we should have eliminated Craig Doyle?

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Typical German efficiency

efficiency? if they were efficient it'd be 6-0.

This is 2-0 and they are sleepwalking. They have about three more gears in all honesty.

Or behind their laptop, at home

Obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Did my ears deceive me or did the stadium DJ play The Great Escape music on the half time whistle??

spiralism wrote: »
    all due respect, but what are you doing on boards when you're at the match?
    the crowd is extremely sedate, the atmosphere is very poor, two people behind me are discussing eastenders, i came on boards for a little banter and craic coz there is none In the aviva

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yep there going raise the interest rates on our bailout now as well because of him, **** it they might invade us as well.

Ah look, might be bit of an over-reaction on my part. But still, not nice to see. Doesn't exactly fit in with our reputation as "best fans in the world".

the crowd is extremely sedate, the atmosphere is very poor, two people behind me are discussing eastenders, i came on boards for a little banter and craic coz there is none In the aviva

Any decent German birds around.

If this keeps up, whats the bets the stadium would be half empty by the final whistle?

Ah look, might be bit of an over-reaction on my part. But still, not nice to see. Doesn't exactly fit in with our reputation as "best fans in the world".

I don't know about you but do you not find this best fans in world thing a bit ****e when we can't fill the Aviva against one of the best sides in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

We turned it around against Kazakhstan, let's not panic yet!

middlefinger.gif

:(

jester77 wrote: »

Post of the decade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

John o Shea, worse than useless, was a passenger for years at man u.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

jester77 wrote: »

We sure taught them alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I know the skill of the likes of Ozil and Reus can't be taught, but surely the Irish players can be thought how to put pressure on the other team like the germans are doing.. the Reus penalty claim came from one of our players being pressurised by 3 German players..

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Can people f**k off talking about the fans. This is the worst I've seen Ireland and I've been following them 25 years. I haven't had anything to cheer about in years. I'm sick of it.

We're all frustrated but being a fan is not about sitting there expecting us to be world beaters. We're not.

If you're a fan, you support the team through thick and thin.

I was cheering last November when we beat Estonia 4-0. The Irish teams have given me plenty to cheer over the years.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Any decent German birds around.
    No they look like blokes

Swap Cox for McClean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Anyone watching this on RTE Player? The stream has been piss poor for me, buffers every 3 seconds, unwatchable basically. I have a modest connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I know the skill of the likes of Ozil and Reus can't be thought, but surely the Irish players can be thought how to put pressure on the other team like the germans are doing.. the Reus penalty claim came from one of our players being pressurised by 3 German players..

If we put pressure on their defenders that would mean we would have more than 1 player in their half.

How could you propose something so crazy?

It seems about as much craic as the standard morgue in fairness. Euros took a lot of fun out of following this team imo, it's like a full scale attitude change. 6 months ago and this would have been a pissup beforehand and the aviva hopping, regardless of what we knew would be coming. It's like we took the crowds at the euros over with a "win lose we're on the booze" attitude where we'd make a ton of noise regardless of what was going on and replaced them with a bunch of miserable cynical bastards because of how it all went. Spirit of Gdansk, where are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

The Faroes put up a better fight when they were away to the Germans, we should bring McShane on and play him up front with O'Dea because it simply doesn't matter who we play, Traps tactics will get in the way of an Irish comeback

No they look like blokes

Is that the decent ones or the bad ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I know the skill of the likes of Ozil and Reus can't be thought, but surely the Irish players can be thought how to put pressure on the other team like the germans are doing.. the Reus penalty claim came from one of our players being pressurised by 3 German players..

The team is not set up to play that way.

We are set up to sit deep, soak up pressure, hit it long, hopefully get knockdown or set piece and work from there.

• Advertisement

flyswatter wrote: »
    Anyone watching this on RTE Player? The stream has been piss poor for me, buffers every 3 seconds, unwatchable basically. I have a modest connection.

It's not buffering. The Irish players are actually moving like that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Will ye sitting at home shut up about the fans. Fans are grand, up until Germanys second goal anyway. Place is full of kids, and kids create no atmosphere. Or maybe your volume isn't on loud enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Ah, Didi! Ya should have lied to comfort us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Swap Cox for McClean?

I know Cox is useless, but no point in bringing on an injured player..especially one not even in the squad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

flyswatter wrote: »

Same here. Tried both Chrome and IE :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement