Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland v Germany - 12/10/2012 - 19:45 - RTE2/SS2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Liam Brady has to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

HAHAHA GERMAN FLAG out the window on the TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

keith16 wrote: »
    I was going to pick up the German green jersey when I was over there a few months ago....90 yo yos :eek:

it is gorgeous though...been looking for it in shops for ages as i rarely buy online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭baldbear

Pull down than fecking flag lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

spiralism wrote: »
    I'd love to have Mick McCarthy back.

with roy keane as his loyal assistant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Who's that with the German flag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

There is no formula, it is a case of suck it and see with Trap, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Who's that with the German flag

Germans maybe?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We can beat the Fair Ho Islands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I was going to pick up the German green jersey when I was over there a few months ago....90 yo yos :eek:

How much? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Germany flag in the rte background

Angela Merkel must be in the stadium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

it is gorgeous though...been looking for it in shops for ages as i rarely buy online.

It was just before the euros so probably a bit cheaper. You're right tho, lovely jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Renn wrote: »
    Because those two guys are top players? Ibra vs Dunne?

Lol.

How quickly the Russia away game is forgotten, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'd love to have Mick McCarthy back.
    Give Jack a bell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Lars1916 wrote: »
    How much? :eek:

€68 for the new ireland shirt in lifestyle today

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's concerning when you hear even the panel worried about 'getting a result' against the Faroes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

token101 wrote: »
    Can you see those lads beating Sweden?

If we beat the Swedes, that will be a turnip for the books :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Jesus we were haunted that night. Dunne was good but don't forget how unbelievably lucky we were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anyone see the flag at the start of the game of Dunne with one of those Russian fur hats on saying 'The Iron Curtain':pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

I haven't forgotten it at all. Ireland are still playing the exact same way.

Very honest assessment by JOSH admitting the players gave them a helping hand with bad goals given away.

Top man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Trying to be optimistic here, but Sweden were ****e today too.
    Huge gulf in class though. Our young players need a lot more playing time. This is probably one of the best German teams in years. Scary thing is they were missing Hummels, Lahm and Gomez tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Am I dreaming or has Dunphy said nice things about Big Jack and Mick McCathy? He even said he welcome Mick back as manager. No Chrissie card from Roy this Christmas for Eamon now :)

Jesus we were haunted that night. Dunne was good but don't forget how unbelievably lucky we were.

Of course. The implication though was Dunne would be laughable against the Swedes and I'm pointing out he played with great distinction against a top side in Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I remember around the time of WC2002 looking at our squad and thinking "I wish we had the squad of Italia 90 or USA 94"

Christ I'd take that 2002 squad now (10 years younger of course :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Of course. The implication though was Dunne would be laughable against the Swedes and I'm pointing out he played with great distinction against a top side in Russia.

Yes, he had a big part in keeping it 0-0. But overall he's nowhere near good enough to handle someone like Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Dunne over a year older and struggling with injuries and no Given. Yeah should be no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has Brady said anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

About time we let Roy Keane have a go, at least the players wouldn't give up

I don't think he'd be asking for a million quid a year either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Don't waste your precious time, following and supporting that team, it could literally kill some people watching that excuse for an Irish squad. Heart attack or a stroke. :mad:

• Advertisement

Hamaan is a quality pundit

mike65 wrote: »
    Has Brady said anything?

He just said that, all Trap can do is go to the Faroes and try his best to get a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Shocking. Left the ground at 4 down. :(

Renn wrote: »
    Yes, he had a big part in keeping it 0-0. But overall he's nowhere near good enough to handle someone like Ibra.

Possibly so but he'll have more hope than anybody else.
    Dunne over a year older and struggling with injuries and no Given. Yeah should be no problem.

Who said it would be no problem?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hamaan is a quality pundit

Hamann in, Brady out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Jaysus, calm down, Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

He just said that, all Trap can do is go to the Faroes and try his best to get a result.

And if he gets less than a decent win? He will take a massive payout and go back to Italy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Pure sh¡te
    really wish i hadn't spent 65 on a ticket
    still going to the Austria game tho :D

Giles trying to make a very important point to Bill, camera catches Bill playing with his biro :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Hamann in, Brady out

Actually Hamann for the Irish job would be an inspired appointment,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

FREETV wrote: »
    Don't waste your precious time, following and supporting that team, it could literally kill some people watching that excuse for an Irish squad. Heart attack or a stroke. :mad:

That's the spirit!

That was a painful, painful 90 minutes but I'm not going to stop supporting the team, even though I expect Tuesday to be absolute misery.

By all means you're free to stop supporting the national team, but I get the impression that you were firmly on the bandwagon during the Euros, and will be again the next time we qualify or get to the playoffs.

Without going through the thread, I'll hazard a guess you were also one of the geniuses calling for McClean to be brought on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

If Ibrahimovic played to his best he make bits of Dunne. Let's not forget the Euros here. Regardless, we still won't get out of this group. That team there would be very lucky to beat the Faroes.

Actually Hamann for the Irish job would be an inspired appointment,

WHY DIDN'T YA SCORE AND THAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Trampas

Has Trap made a break for the trapdoor to avoid Tony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

If Ibrahimovic played to his best he make bits of Dunne. Let's not forget the Euros here. Regardless, we still won't get out of this group. That team there would be very lucky to beat the Faroes.

If Ibra plays to his best he makes bits of any defender, currently playing or not.

We have to pray that Ibra misses at least one of our matches, because we're the kind of team he'll punish for being offensively bad to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

It will be a very long time before the FAI has another full house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I swear to god if i win the euro millions tonight i'll pay off that fukin contract!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

i still can't believe he hasn't bothered to learn english

I agree but if Dunne plays to his best we have a chance. I think we have a good chance against Sweden. They themselves struggled to a win over the Faroes.

• Advertisement

Traps days are numbered tonight if right is right. Morale is at an all time low and they are no longer playing for the manager.

We really need Denis O'Brien to put the brakes on and ask the question 'Why am i part funding a manager who is tactically obsolete and utterly deficient and losing 6-1 at home?'

Brady is currently arguing 'Its a poor Irish team' :rolleyes: but is it a 6-1 home defeat Irish team? Even during the Steve Staunton era, Ireland only conceded 1 goal in Stuttgart against Germany.

In typical Irish fashion Trapattoni was given a 2 year contract before the Euro's. Instead of waiting to see how Ireland faired against top level opposition the FAI rushed in the true reckless and irresponsible manner they are known for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement