Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland v Germany - 12/10/2012 - 19:45 - RTE2/SS2

1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ya but it was a small minority, otherwise i wouldnt have got involved.:o

Anyway that being my point, i think that today the overwhelming majority of fans want trap gone while that wasnt the case with brian or mick, just my experience of course.

Seriously though, leaving results aside, do you not have any issues with his not going to matches, keeping in contact with players and their clubs, his diabolical english and general communication problems, his public criticisms of players like McLean, Clarke etc???

I was happy enough when he was appointed but since that Russia game in Dublin, doubts set in and his total failure to even contemplate changing tack or accept any responsibility has meant he's not up to it. Oh and i thought this long before Poland.

Firstly, the overwhelming majority of fans aren't very clever. What the fans want shouldn't really matter.

Secondly, you answer your question to me yourself. He was doing all these things when we were robbed in one campaign and qualified the next.

All this boils down to a run of games that represents less than 10% of his total reign where we've drawn some of the best teams in the world (and arguably THE best team ever). Kerr should have been kept on because people should have been able to look past a few awful moments (seriously, the Israel goal out there was ridiculous) and see that we were tough, competitive and very close. Irish fans are impatient, demanding and unable to look past the last couple of games imo. Same as it ever was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Kerr was a disaster, he threw away at least two games that we were winning well when he made negative substitutions that surrendered the impetus to the opposition. That is a cardinal error in international football.

In my opinion Trap has been trying to get fired for some time now. Its the only rational explanation for his behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

In my opinion Trap has been trying to get fired for some time now. Its the only rational explanation for his behaviour.

Conspiracy theories again in this thread. Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Enough of this s***e..

Get Joe Kinnear in...

We go from a manager who gives ramblingly vague press conferences to a manager whose press meetings are too foul mouthed to even make it on to tv. Great stuff :pac:

Any of you know of a very reliable linkage for live coverage? Have not used a link in ages online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Kerr was a disaster, he threw away at least two games that we were winning well when he made negative substitutions that surrendered the impetus to the opposition. That is a cardinal error in international football.

Too right. It got to a point under Kerr where conceding a lead was quite simply an inevitable. Personally I would rather keep Trap and his negative bollocks that usually pays off over Kerr anyday tbh.

But on the whole like, Trap out. Just not for Kerr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Right folks, we're a few hours away from another important Republic of Ireland game so I'm closing this.

If you want to discuss the Faroes game try here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056781858

If you want to discuss Trap try here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056779796

All other things Republic of Ireland related goes here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056455049

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement