Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ginormous new patch 1GB!

• 07-10-2012 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Opened up the launcher to play tonight and was prompted to download a patch, said yes but then noticed that the patch was 1GB, that is a massive amount of data. Anyone downloaded yet? What does it fix? If anything. Mixed reviews from what I could find online so would like to hear what people here think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I had downloaded it and it made the game very laggy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Mine too, game is very slow :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Seen a tweet during they're releasing ANOTHER patch to fix that patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭cloud_dancer

I won't be downloading it so. The game runs slow enough on my laptop as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I downloaded it but didn't find any laggyness, what I did find though were a couple of annoying bugs. Food goes bad in the fridge but the option to clean out the bad food is no longer there meaning your sims are running to the bathroom to vomit.

Also the executive butler no longer cooks group meals, just one serving and you have to ask him to cook, before the patch I couldn't stop him from cooking, my sims were having key lime pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

EA really need to sort themselves out, the bugs and issues are just never ending and patches don't seem to do anything except create more. They are literally ruining the game and I am half tempted to feck back to the sims 2. Maybe if they focused on fixing the game they already have rather than coming out with a pointless stuff pack or a new expansion every couple of months because they know they sell well all the users would have a better more consistent experience.

Plus it would be nice to have a bit of anticpation for the next expansion, there are far too many. particularly sub quality ones, for instance I bought world adventures and then uninstalled it not too long after because it was so bloody annoying, don't get me wrong there have been some good ones, it just feels like they will throw any old rubbish out there because they know sims fans are loyal and well addicted. Real pity that they are ruining one of my favourite franchises ever in gaming. Really makes you miss the days on Maxis and Will Wright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Personally speaking I thought there was a lot of slosh in the Sims 2 expansions, and 3 ones are no different in some cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I downloaded it but didn't find any laggyness, what I did find though were a couple of annoying bugs. Food goes bad in the fridge but the option to clean out the bad food is no longer there meaning your sims are running to the bathroom to vomit.

Also the executive butler no longer cooks group meals, just one serving and you have to ask him to cook, before the patch I couldn't stop him from cooking, my sims were having key lime pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I am sick of them complaining about the trash or food being off and yet I have a maid and I can't see any rubbish or there is nothing to clean!!! so flipping annoying.

Advertisement