Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iMac G3

Options
  • 07-10-2012 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭

Not absolutely certain if this will pique the interest of anyone 'round these parts, it's not going to play much more than solitaire after all, but as it's ripe for conversion, be it Raspberry Pi, MAME, or some other adaption I would end up looking like Abu Hamza should I personally attempt... indeed it is known that his injuries occurred when he made an attempt to refurbish a Mortal Kombat cabinet, I'll put it here for a while.

http://www.adverts.ie/imac/imac-g3/2171202

Would happily trade for a couple NES/Famicom, 3DO, or PS1 games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Any interest in Zelda for the NES (US NTSC ver) and say Super Mario Bros 3 (PAL) and Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt (PAL) and A Boy and his Blob (PAL)? All games are unboxed. I think thats all the spare games I have at the moment on the NES.
    I've also got a spare replacement 72pin connector I came across the other day and I'll include that as well.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336b05ef9e330d7124386b25202e65b8013.jpg

Are you near Shankill at all and maybe able to drop it out as I'm not driving at the moment and lugging that thing home on the bus would be interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Steve SI wrote: »
    Any interest in Zelda for the NES (US NTSC ver) and say Super Mario Bros 3 (PAL) and Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt (PAL) and A Boy and his Blob (PAL)? All games are unboxed. I think thats all the spare games I have at the moment on the NES.
    I've also got a spare replacement 72pin connector I came across the other day and I'll include that as well.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336b05ef9e330d7124386b25202e65b8013.jpg

Are you near Shankill at all and maybe able to drop it out as I'm not driving at the moment and lugging that thing home on the bus would be interesting :)

I don't think you understand, this is an Apple, anAPPLE SteveSI, with a case and keyboard that brandishes more of the little green fruit than my nanny's orchard. So no, your offer offends me good sir. You want this item I'm afraid I'll require at least 20 NES games and a binding contract which states upon death your soul comes under my ownership.

In all honesty that's a very generous offer and I'd gladly make the trade, partly because I can never quite tell myself I've enough NES games, but mostly because I'm so damn interested to see what you'll do with this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I don't think you understand, this is an Apple, anAPPLE SteveSI, with a case and keyboard that brandishes more of the little green fruit than my nanny's orchard. So no, your offer offends me good sir. You want this item I'm afraid I'll require at least 20 NES games and a binding contract which states upon death your soul comes under my ownership.

In all honesty that's a very generous offer and I'd gladly make the trade, partly because I can never quite tell myself I've enough NES games, but mostly because I'm so damn interested to see what you'll do with this thing.

Haha, ok we have a deal then :)
    As for what I'll do with it. I've some ideas brewing but nothing final until I can sit and look at it.
    It'll tell me what to do with it then :o
    Raspberry Pi mods maybe, Full on MAME conversion maybe, fish tank???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Gone to Steve SI, cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement