Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ISPs offer 6 month contracts..?

• 07-10-2012 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Are there any ISPs at the moment who offer 6 month contracts (or dont require one at all)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Where are you living ? You could go pre pay with the mobile broadband providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Cork981

Magnet offer a no contract 24mb DSL service. I believe some cancellation fee may apply so read t&c before signing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Cork981 wrote: »
    Magnet offer a no contract 24mb DSL service. I believe some cancellation fee may apply so read t&c before signing.

True

OP, Magnet's "Simply Broadband" package claims to be Ireland's first no contract broadband but the chances of it being available in your area is slim. Check with Magnet and find out
    https://www.magnet.ie/#products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Cork981 wrote: »

Thanks. Yes it says a €50 disconnection fee applies. Maybe I'll tell them they can leave it connected and just deactivate it..

40 a month plus 50 disconnect fee is a little more than I'd like to pay. Not a terrible deal for a 24MB connection...I really dont need a 24MB connection though.

As far as I remember Smart allowed me to change the address when I moved, and then to transfer the contract to someone else when I moved again. Maybe I will inquire with a couple of providers what their policies are in that regard.
    Dazza wrote: »
    Where are you living ? You could go pre pay with the mobile broadband providers.

I tried mobile broadband not too far away from me before and it barely worked at all. Massively oversold. My gf has a 3 data package and that works well enough though. I'd prefer proper broadband that I can play online games with and stuff though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Try the national broadband scheme. You might not be in the right area though for it. If speeds aren't sufficient, the guy in the shop said they would install satellite free of charge. Its €20.32 per month and you can move with it.

Lighthouse networks do 6 month contracts but they put an aerial outside your house and is for the midlands area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement