Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Stoke, 3pm

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Not a bad result when you see City and Arsenal both got only a point against Stoke. I think Pool have too high expectations of their team.

Three points at home to Stoke is too much to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Jaysus, not sure what game people were watching, it wasn't that bad. We completely dominated them and got a much needed clean sheet.

But then my expectations for this season seem to be based in reality whereas the same probably can't be said for a lot of LFC fans given the moaning that follows any result that isn't a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Stoke will do that to better teams than us this season,
    Its why Stoke do well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

el dude wrote: »
    Jaysus, not sure what game people were watching, it wasn't that bad. We completely dominated them and got a much needed clean sheet.

But then my expectations for this season seem to be based in reality whereas the same probably can't be said for a lot of LFC fans given the moaning that follows any result that isn't a win.

What is reality for you, just about the relegation zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Three points at home to Stoke is too much to ask?

Ofcourse not but I was just saying that you shouldn't be too disappointed in the draw as it is a good result.

If you can't see that 6 points from 21 isn't worrying then I don't know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

No point dominating teams if there is not the result to go with it, my expectations are not that huge for this year but to be honest they should be, we certainly have a great squad and its a complete lack of management that we do not have a few strikers to depend on finishing of these chances being created and when i say management i just dont mean BR.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

We knew we would dominate them (in terms of possession), that was a given.

Like I said in the OP, the challenge would be to break down Stoke. We failed. We didn't create nearly enough clear cut chances and didn't sustain pressure in the final third for long enough due to poor decision making and poor execution of passes.

Dominating against Stoke is nothing to brag about. They have the lowest average possession in the league and you should be worried if the possession is even threatening to reach 50-50. They regularly concede possession (partly because of their style).

We didn't trouble their defence nearly enough unfortunately.

No, it's not the end of the world and we shouldn't make any snap judgements based on today, but the fact is both the performance and the result were not good enough.

We weren't awful but we weren't good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

J. Marston wrote: »
    suarezgif.gif

He doesn't dive!

You can tell how embarrassed Liverpool fans are by their refusal to acknowledge this actually happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Columbia wrote: »
    J. Marston wrote: »
    suarezgif.gif

He doesn't dive!

You can tell how embarrassed Liverpool fans are by their refusal to acknowledge this actually happened.
    Find the moment it happened in this thread, we accept your apology in advance by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

FAIL:
    mike65 wrote: »
    Stoke will of course be happy with the draw which is the problem.

(Suarez dived there)
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Oh Luis why go do that
    markie29 wrote: »
    he should have been given a yellow card for that dive.....ridiculous
    noodler wrote: »
    Thats probably set back the Suarez Penalty cause back a few weeks.
    Lol, oh Luis.
    and thats why we don't get any peno's :(
    jethro081 wrote: »
    suarez did himself no favours there.

it did look hilarious though. like bambi on ice skates.
    SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Absolute clown, he was doing so well
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ugh. I love him, but impossible to defend that ****ing rubbish.
    Feck Luis stop doing that, that is why when you are fouled in the box you are not getting anything

Find the moment it happened in this thread, we accept your apology in advance by the way.

Are you serious? A few posts in a match thread versus two weeks of conspiracy theories about "unfairness" from referees? That's proportional recognition of a consistent cheat, yeah? Brendan Rodgers phoned up Mike Riley asking why he didn't get a penalty, will he be doing the same this week asking why Suarez wasn't booked? Don't make me laugh.

Are you serious? A few posts in a match thread versus two weeks of conspiracy theories about "unfairness" from referees? That's proportional recognition of a consistent cheat, yeah? Brendan Rodgers phoned up Mike Riley asking why he didn't get a penalty, will he be doing the same this week asking why Suarez wasn't booked? Don't make me laugh.

That's not what you said in your original post though, you changed your point from the fans to Rodgers, your talking bollox I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You referred to the specific moment, not what was said previously. Nce try anyway.

niallo27 wrote: »
    That's not what you said in your original post though, you changed your point from the fans to Rodgers, your talking bollox I would think.

In my original post I was referring to the post-match discussion. How do you think the club should deal with Suarez and his constant diving, since the majority of your fans now believe it is costing you decisions?

• Advertisement

In my original post I was referring to the post-match discussion. How do you think the club should deal with Suarez and his constant diving, since the majority of your fans now believe it is costing you decisions?

I think you've lost tbh ;)

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think you've lost tbh ;)

Damn ;)

But genuinely, if someone would put forward an answer to my final question at least, it would be interesting.

I don't think it's costing decisions, it's the overreaction by the media towards him are influencing refs, Ashley young dived twice last year to get pens and wellbeck did it twice this year, if either of these players fall in the box the ref will judge it on its merits, they are not doing the same with Suarez. He doesn't constantly dive either, it's actually fairly rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Damn ;)

But genuinely, if someone would put forward an answer to my final question at least, it would be interesting.

You kinda make a good point -

How many times should Suarez have got a penalty this season but didnt, 3-4 maybe and what type of punishment did the ref for getting it wrong? nothing.

If a ref was to give a penalty and it was a dive the ref would be highlighted in every paper in england.

Goes to show that it's easier for Refs not to give cheats any benefit of the doubt.

Damn ;)

How do you think the club should deal with Suarez and his constant diving,

Same as any club, tell him to cop to fúck on.

There's divers on every team you know. Only Suarez gets the headlines for it. It's actually one of Skys headlines this evening! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    FAIL:

proper thumbs up for that

z-shocked1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

and when I thought my day could not get any better I see that dive.

Thumbs up Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What did the ref do for that anyway? I see Stoke had 6 lads booked and 0 Liverpool. Watched the first half and Sterling and Suso looked out of their depth.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Same as any club, tell him to cop to fúck on.

There's divers on every team you know. Only Suarez gets the headlines for it. It's actually one of Skys headlines this evening! :pac:
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    You kinda make a good point -

How many times should Suarez have got a penalty this season but didnt, 3-4 maybe and what type of punishment did the ref for getting it wrong? nothing.

If a ref was to give a penalty and it was a dive the ref would be highlighted in every paper in england.

Goes to show that it's easier for Refs not to give cheats any benefit of the doubt.

Interesting viewpoints, Suarez does get called up on it more often than others. However at the same time, I think Suarez is (at the moment at least) guiltier than most others. I think it's something your manager should address, because regardless of the reasons behind it (be they fair or unfair, due to the media or referee bias), it seems to be harming your chances in games. Just like any aspect of play that negatively affects the team's chances, the manager must get involved at some point, especially as it should be straightforward to correct, in comparison to poor play, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

:pac::pac::pac:

Cheers LL!

As I pointed out, I was referring to the post-match discussion, and the fact that everyone had conveniently forgotten the incident. Happily enough, a couple of Liverpool fans actually came out with head-screwed-on responses instead of head-in-the-sand mutual backslapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Dig up there Columbia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

RasTa wrote: »
    What did the ref do for that anyway? I see Stoke had 6 lads booked and 0 Liverpool. Watched the first half and Sterling and Suso looked out of their depth.

Thought Suso was one of our better players. Shouldn't have been taken off. Picking out a player who looked out of their depth I'd pick Gerrard or Sahin. Both had awful games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

noodler wrote: »
    Nah, I don't think anyone of any note overreacted on here when we beat Norwich.

This seems to have been missed because of the Suarez argument.

Can you explain what you mean please?

Is there some kind of heirarchy in here we should know about?

Are some posters opinions more valid than others?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

niallo27 wrote: »
    What is reality for you, just about the relegation zone.

Top eight.

There's only 31 games left, so keep yer nickers on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Look at the positives, Andre Wisdom (who I thought was extremely impressive today) and Suso are going to be outstanding players, hopefully for the red of Liverpool :)

For the squad of size, age and experience Rodgers has, the tactics he is trying to implement and the quality of the majority of our performances to date, he is doing a good job. But, as always, the phrase which has haunted Liverpool in the last few seasons, we are lacking cutting edge and that comes down to the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Interesting viewpoints, Suarez does get called up on it more often than others. However at the same time, I think Suarez is (at the moment at least) guiltier than most others. I think it's something your manager should address, because regardless of the reasons behind it (be they fair or unfair, due to the media or referee bias), it seems to be harming your chances in games. Just like any aspect of play that negatively affects the team's chances, the manager must get involved at some point, especially as it should be straightforward to correct, in comparison to poor play, etc.

Based on his thespian/tantrum free performance against Norwich Rodgers likely did have words, but like most players (foreign or otherwise) when they feel that the result they want is slipping away from them they are prone to throwing themselves over in the box to win their team an advantage. If we're one nil ahead Luis doesn't make that decision imo.

As I pointed out, I was referring to the post-match discussion, and the fact that everyone had conveniently forgotten the incident. Happily enough, a couple of Liverpool fans actually came out with head-screwed-on responses instead of head-in-the-sand mutual backslapping.

Just because something isn't discussed at length for pages and pages doesn't mean it's been swept under the carpet or people are in denial , he dived we all know it you know it, what more is their to discuss, how many pages of discussion is required for us to exculpate ourselves from this denial you seem to believe we live in 3 pages ? 5 pages ? . Do united fans(assuming you are one) have a similarly lengthy mea culpa when Welbeck and Young throw themselves to the ground ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This seems to have been missed because of the Suarez argument.

Can you explain what you mean please?

Is there some kind of heirarchy in here we should know about?

Are some posters opinions more valid than others?
    Some posters opinions are definitely more valid than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I have a very strong dislike of Tony Pulis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

efb wrote: »
    I have a very strong dislike of Tony Pulis

Are you the secret footballer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

hefferboi wrote: »
    Thought Suso was one of our better players. Shouldn't have been taken off.
    Like I said on the main thread, Suso was clearly dead on his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What did MOTD have to say about Suarez last night, because they laughed at Gareth Bale's dive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Super-Rush wrote: »
    What did MOTD have to say about Suarez last night, because they laughed at Gareth Bale's dive.

Nothing really, talked more about Huth and him having a go at each other throughout the match.

Advertisement