Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance

Options
  • 07-10-2012 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Recently I have been made redundant, so I cannot afford the rent anymore and the owner that I rent from is not willing to accept rent allowance!

At the moment I am digging out of my savings to pay for my rent and soon I will have to pay it out of the dole. My question is... what can I do to sort this out and how can I claim rent allowance else where without stating that I lived in that address for less than 6months to be able to claim rent allowance? I am a little confused and havent a clue what to do.

Please help me out here....

Thank you for your answers in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

s.a.man wrote: »
    Recently I have been made redundant, so I cannot afford the rent anymore and the owner that I rent from is not willing to accept rent allowance!

At the moment I am digging out of my savings to pay for my rent and soon I will have to pay it out of the dole. My question is... what can I do to sort this out and how can I claim rent allowance else where without stating that I lived in that address for less than 6months to be able to claim rent allowance? I am a little confused and havent a clue what to do.

Please help me out here....

Thank you for your answers in advance!

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

link above should tell you all you need to know about rent allowance and the max amount you are allowed to rent in each county for your situation.

You also need to get yourself to your local co co office and pick up a housing form and get assessed for your housing means, if you havent been renting privately for 6mths out of the last 12mths then you need to housing assessed.

Also go to your local community welfare officer they will give you your forms for rent allowance, explain the situation with the LL, just because he wont sign the forms doesnt mean you cant get it so go speak to the cwo

best of luck with it all as its a full time job in itself getting all the stuff you need for these forms

Advertisement