Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter is depressing and beautiful!

• 07-10-2012 1:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭

I woke up early dis morning and couldnt sleep so i went for a walk. All the light from the sun was cutting through the streets and there was kind of a mist in the air. The leaves on the trees were brown and the branchs were black. The air was really cold and i could see that nature was shutting down for the winter, everything was dying but it was really beautiful in a weird way. winter is depressing and beautiful at the same time. Makes me want to drink and be merry as we all go towards are inevitable deaths!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

but its not winter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Not winter until November OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

winter is coming in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

In other news, Halloween can't come fast enough. Far better than Christmas imo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

There should be a tax on hot chicks wearing baggy clothes. Cold is no excuse ladies. I wants to see dat ass....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

:)
    Don't bump your threads again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Makes me want to drink and be merry as we all go towards are inevitable deaths!
    Thinly-veiled any excuse for a binge thread.

humanji wrote: »
    Don't bump your threads again.

is it not P.B.E.?

(proper boards etiquette?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I woke up early dis morning and couldnt sleep so i went for a walk. All the light from the sun was cutting through the streets and there was kind of a mist in the air. The leaves on the trees were brown and the branchs were black. The air was really cold and i could see that nature was shutting down for the winter, everything was dying but it was really beautiful in a weird way. winter is depressing and beautiful at the same time. Makes me want to drink and be merry as we all go towards are inevitable deaths!

Good start to the week, thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Shure it's cauld out 'n all isn't it alright? 'N the clacks will be guin' back soon.

Shure where dues de time go 'tall 'tall, wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I went for a walk yesterday and loved it. Seeing the leaves on the trees turn brown, the crisp air. Autumn's my favourite season of the year. I can take or leave summer to be honest because it rarely gets that warm and the weather in the summer is never guaranteed. I love this time of year for the scenery and weather wise. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Brace yourself.

Winters coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

OP, nature does NOT switch off for the winter - in fact nature is at it's best in the winter. You should look for the beauty of Winter instead of the more negative points. How fab is it to wake up early on a frosty morning, get bundled up and go for a long walk in the crisp air. How fab is it to watch the hail rain pouring down on top of you only to get home and warm up by an open fire.

Winter is beautiful - you just have to open your eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Winter is coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Autumn is half sh1t and winter is complete sh1t, both cured by hibernation or emigration.

Winter is beautiful - you just have to open your eyes.

i think they are open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ghandee wrote: »
    Brace yourself.

Winters coming.
    Winter is coming

A pair of "Mad Men" fans eh?

The only upside as far as I'm concerned is that the extra hours of darkness mean that I don't see as much of my inbred moaning obnoxious fuckwit neighbours.

Birneybau wrote: »
    A pair of "Mad Men" fans eh?

"Winter is coming" - Dexter Morgan from 'Breaking Bad'

Get your facts right

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The only upside as far as I'm concerned is that the extra hours of darkness mean that I don't see as much of my inbred moaning obnoxious fuckwit neighbours.

this is my problem with boards. it lets me see that there are people out ther who realy do hate life and are as joyless as they look as they walk the streets grey faced and frowning. of corse the world will suck if it is made up of people like u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

is it not P.B.E.?

(proper boards etiquette?)

No its not.

this is my problem with boards. it lets me see that there are people out ther who realy do hate life and are as joyless as they look as they walk the streets grey faced and frowning. of corse the world will suck if it is made up of people like u

I just hate the neighbours, and when I'm away from them I can quite often be seen cartwheeling along the street wearing nothing but a clown nose and laughing my feckin head off.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I just hate the neighbours, and when I'm away from them I can quite often be seen cartwheeling along the street wearing nothing but a clown nose and laughing my feckin head off.

:confused: What?

oh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Oh crap, another dose of Christmas movies repeated for the last 30-40 years just around the corner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'm sure I'm probably the first person to think of this. This'll get the plaudits and thanks for its originality. I don't even need to check if anyone else has said it before me. I am confident in my own sharp wit and that I've beaten everybody to the punch line. Without further ado......

Brace Yourselves, Winter is Coming!!

My work here is done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Oh crap, another dose of Christmas movies repeated for the last 30-40 years just around the corner...

Nothing better than the festive classics, like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

kowloon wrote: »
    Nothing better than the festive classics, like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Or Ghostbusters.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Brace yourself.

Winters coming.
    Winter is coming
    Calibos wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm probably the first person to think of this. This'll get the plaudits and thanks for its originality. I don't even need to check if anyone else has said it before me. I am confident in my own sharp wit and that I've beaten everybody to the punch line. Without further ado......

My work here is done!

Well done you

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

White walkers will be coming down from the North this winter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Brace Yourselves Winter Is Coming

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ghandee
    Brace yourself.

Winters coming.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnMarston
    Winter is coming

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Calibos

My work here is done!

Well done you

Has boards become some kind of sarcasm & satire appreciation free zone??!! :rolleyes:

Brace Yourselves Winter Is Coming

i know, i know. But lets not lose our heads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I hate winter. I would love all year round sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I love winter. I love spending Christmas chilled out and reading, catching up with people who are otherwise busy as hell, going shooting, getting the dogs out in whatever snow we get. Not much beats taking a break in a long hike, sit down and have a cup of tea or coffee and a sandwich or bar of chocolate at the top of a deep, snowy valley when the air is still and cold and you can hear everything for miles around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Sure it's basically winter all year round in this fecking country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Yeah sure, winter-weather (as in the stereotypical frosty, crisp, misty winter day) is beautiful. Its the perpetual drizzly piss and wind that sucks ass!

Its like saying that summer (in an Irish sense) is beautiful. Yeah, it is on certain days, but more often than not...well, see the aforementioned drizzly piss and wind.

Sure it's basically winter all year round in this fecking country.

At least the pissing down rain is warmer in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

the evergreen trees are doing there best to take over winter, enjoy it now because soon the leaves will stop falling, oooooooo and the dead bit to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Apparently OP, It's not winter yet, but it is coming.

When winter arrives, it will have come.

Let the bracing commence.

• Advertisement

When winter arrives, it will have come.

Let the bracing commence.

However, the Stark reality is that the Winter has not yet come.

Advertisement