Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clay Pigeon Shooting Club in Clare

• 07-10-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Does anyone know is there any clay pigeon shooting clubs in clare, preferbly close to ennis but not a necessity, its something i would like to get more into.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Hi all

Does anyone know is there any clay pigeon shooting clubs in clare, preferbly close to ennis but not a necessity, its something i would like to get more into.

Thanks
    There is one up in Cratloe woods run by Barry and Pat Maddden from Clonlara called Doonas Clay Pigeon Club you can contact Barry at 0876546677. Check out their website, a fine set up I may add

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thomasrcleary

Hi,

Did you find this club? I'm also looking to join a club, get a gun, etc, etc. but I'm finding it difficult to get in contact with any local clubs. I'm from Sixmilebridge and can't find any club members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Hi,

Did you find this club? I'm also looking to join a club, get a gun, etc, etc. but I'm finding it difficult to get in contact with any local clubs. I'm from Sixmilebridge and can't find any club members.

pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭ace86

Crossmore shooting grounds might be worth a call and there’s a place called Tullahasa as well close by.

Typically, how many cartridges should one put down on their gun license? On some posts I've seen 250-500 but on others over a 1000 because they are cheaper when you buy in bulk. I'm taking up clay pigeon shooting and I expect to do it every weekend to start & then probably everyother weekend. Thanks TC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ask for at least 1000 you probably wont get it though . last time i renewed they wanted a letter to explain why i wanted more than 100 :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

There is a Clay Pigeon club in Cratloe. It is open most Sundays 11am to 1pm.

https://www.facebook.com/Cratloe-Clay-Sporting-Club-931444070321025/?ref=bookmarks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Tullassa Clay grounds just outside Ennis. Mate of mine was at it, found it a bit pricey.

https://www.facebook.com/tullassashooting/

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

All sorted, there's a club in the Bridge.

Advertisement