Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Qs

Options
  • 07-10-2012 1:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Im 32 and never had a pension. The missus is on at me the last while to sort one out

What would be the best deal for me please?

I dont have a large income if that makes any difference

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Alan152

Hi Syllabus,

What do you work at?self employed paye etc?

I might be able to give you some advise based on your answers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

Alan152 wrote: »
    Hi Syllabus,

What do you work at?self employed paye etc?

I might be able to give you some advise based on your answers.

not self employed. work as mechanic

Well if your boss doesnt have a pensiuon scheme you could take out a prsa. By law he is supposed to operate one standard prsa facility at source which means you get the tax relief through your wages. Either that or take out your own policy and apply for the tax on an annual basis from the revenue

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Alan152 wrote: »
    Well if your boss doesnt have a pensiuon scheme you could take out a prsa. By law he is supposed to operate one standard prsa facility at source which means you get the tax relief through your wages. Either that or take out your own policy and apply for the tax on an annual basis from the revenue

No legal requirement to operate a standard PRSA. There is a requirement to nominate a standard PRSA provider and to allow time for an employee get information on it.

okay the exact info is as follows

write to your employees offering the option to deduct regular PRSA payments directly from their pay. If your employees choose this method of payment, income tax relief will be immediate. SO if they offer one company and have to deduct at source it is pretty much the same thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement