Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three's "All you can eat data"

Options
  • 07-10-2012 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all

Does anybody here know how much data exactly is alotted to threes "all you can eat data" on PAYG?
    Ive checked my usage page on my three but it says "free internet allowance", not an exact figure of 1GB,2GB etc.
    Thanks
    T

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Its unlimited i.e can use as much as ya want. Although if your constantly downloading GB's of files with it they will give you a fair use warning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

click "terms + conditions" down the end

"....Should your data usage exceed 15GB in a 30 day period and your usage affect other network users, we reserve the right to limit your Service......"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

torrentum wrote: »
    Hi all

Does anybody here know how much data exactly is alotted to threes "all you can eat data" on PAYG?
    Ive checked my usage page on my three but it says "free internet allowance", not an exact figure of 1GB,2GB etc.
    Thanks
    T

It's unlimited usage on your mobile.
    Three "can" throttle your speed after 15gb if they wish.
    Tethering is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

15GB,

I tether all the time. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

15GB,

15GB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Walkman wrote: »
    15GB?

Yep, 15GB. I never manage to go over four in a month, and thats with heavy browsing, music streaming and instant upload of all photos and videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

Sorry for bumping.

Will the tethering work without any problem?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

I will probably change it to have it and use the tethering option sometimes. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Just wondering what 3's data coverage is like. At the moment with o2 where I am im getting around 50 kbps up/down. I know some networks have 3g here so was just looking for info from anybody who's on 3.

• Advertisement

440174500.png

South dublin. Where they dont have their own 3G coverage they use vodafone 2G which is still alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

ED E wrote: »
    440174500.png

South dublin. Where they dont have their own 3G coverage they use vodafone 2G which is still alright.

I wouldnt be getting those kinds of speeds anyway haha think ill change to 3 just to see what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Pretty sure tethering isn't permitted on new PAYG plans. It's fair game on the old ones as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

440174500.png

Flippin heck,wish I could get them speeds here in West Dublin. Best I get is about 2.5, strangely enough I managed to get about 8 mbps while in the underground at Dundrum!

BX 19 wrote: »
    Pretty sure tethering isn't permitted on new PAYG plans. It's fair game on the old ones as far as I know.

Read the thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Whenever I check my account it details my data allowance as 2TB. That is correct. 2 terabytes. I stream netflix about 8-10 hrs a day on my ps3. Love this AYCE data.

Read the thread...

I did. Someone mentioned tethering....

I did. Someone mentioned tethering....

See below:
    It's unlimited usage on your mobile.
    Three "can" throttle your speed after 15gb if they wish.
    Tethering is not allowed.
    15GB,

Its not allowed but they dont stop you.

See below:

Its not allowed but they dont stop you.

Any plans pre 2012 are allowed to tether...

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/76849139

Any new phones it's locked out in the firmware. Though that's easy to get round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Any plans pre 2012 are allowed to tether...

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/76849139

Any new phones it's locked out in the firmware. Though that's easy to get round.

It was never allowed on prepay and it's not locked out in the firmware. Just turn on the hotspot and away you go

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »
    It was never allowed on prepay and it's not locked out in the firmware. Just turn on the hotspot and away you go

It was allowed prior to 2012. I'm on the plan...

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056536469

It's okay prior to that.

Advertisement