Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible speeds on emobile in full coverage!

Options
  • 07-10-2012 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if I've an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S I9000 or if it's the network.

I have perfect 3G coverage on emobile but absolutely horrendously bad speeds.

The data link also seems to drop randomly and various apps report data connection problems. I couldn't even run a speed test without multiple attempts

262972879.png

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Depends where you are. Previously to moving I was in an area where I could pick up 5mb average all day long. New place now is around 2-5 mb down during the day. Same around Dublin.

Best thing you could do is pop the sim into another phone and do a speed test then. In general its quite good, when it works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'll try another network later on today but I have a funny feeling it's the handset.
    I think it's just on its last legs, I've had it since 2010 and it's survived plenty of drops :D
    Tough enough phone given the general rough treatment it's had over the years.

It might be time to go with a SIII.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

Solair wrote: »
    I'll try another network later on today but I have a funny feeling it's the handset.
    I think it's just on its last legs, I've had it since 2010 and it's survived plenty of drops :D
    Tough enough phone given the general rough treatment it's had over the years.

It might be time to go with a SIII.

I've noticed poor speeds and connection issues with apps etc in recent days. It could be congestion with all the smartphones on the networks these days.
    Go with the Lumia 920!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The Lumia's tempting, but it will depend on the price :D

Advertisement