Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for pub for all day session

Options
  • 07-10-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi all, was looking for some help finding a pub for a during the day session in waterford city area, looking for cheap beer, big screen tvs for sport emphasis on football and rugby, multipe ones if possible, friendly atmosphere and possibly serving food or near somewhere that does a good breakfast if not. Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

The Exchange in Ballybricken I'd say is your best bet. €3 pints, big screen TV (with 2 32 inch ones too). They serve food too but not sure if they do breakfast.

There's chippers and stuff close by too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

The Jman wrote: »
    Hi all, was looking for some help finding a pub for a during the day session in waterford city area, looking for cheap beer, big screen tvs for sport emphasis on football and rugby, multipe ones if possible, friendly atmosphere and possibly serving food or near somewhere that does a good breakfast if not. Any suggestions? :)

Id stay clear of the exchange, it wouldnt have what i would call a friendly atmosphere. Try the woodman on john street, all the take aways and restaurants you can shake a stick at there in area. I know they do cheaper drink during week for matches, might do same for all matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I'd give my vote to The Exchange too. Nice spot for a few hours in the afternoon and a bit of food. Paddy Power next door if you want and the chipper just down past that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Sounds like I'll have to have a couple of all day sessions to see what's best so :) Someone else said oskars too so a few options out there, should be a fun few weeks ahead trying these places out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

If your looking for a day session I reckon ballybricken as down the town is dead and never gets going til after 10 at night . Exchange is cheap has bookies next door gardai barracks next door (incase of trouble) and chipper plus they do food and you are guaranteed most pubs around it will have people in it unlike town during day...

• Advertisement
Advertisement