Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit Trees for sale in Lidl

Options
  • 07-10-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone know anything about these fruit treesor if they are good.Picked up an apple tree in loca garden centre this week for 17 euro so a bit of a price difference.
    Page 24 is where there at 6.99 each

http://www.lidl-pageflip.com/ie.html?kid=8sHKxk

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

make sure you're buying a suitable cultivar - i remember reading that they were selling varieties which don't fruit well here.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kynzvart

I bought a Coxs apple tree from Lidl a couple of years ago. This is the first year Ive had fruit, I have to say the apples were very nice crisp and sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Have heard mixed things, from excellent to rubbish. Read up a bit on what to look for when buying a tree and also how the types do in Ireland and try get the healthiest one you can. If you have the space it's worth a punt I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I've had no luck with Lidl trees, they never seem to amount to anything. No fruits and some reverted back to rootstock.

Advertisement