Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managerial misconduct in FIFA 13 career mode

Options
  • 07-10-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

So I'm playing my second season as manager in Fifa 13 Career Mode, first season I got fired by the board for managerial misconduct/outbursts about the refereeing and such, which I didn't know how to control, but it was fine because I was playing on World Class and battling for relegation so I didn't mind getting the sack.

This season I'm playing on professional and I'm second in the league after six games, but I'm getting the same stream of emails from the board about managerial misconduct and behaving in a particular way as the face of a top club. So before I advance the game any further and inevitably get fired again, how do I prevent this from happening? I seem to get the emails regardless of how I perform and I don't know how to choose to behave differently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

make sure player moral is high, re neg contracts, win every game, try get avg player ratings to above 8... it can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

make sure player moral is high, re neg contracts, win every game, try get avg player ratings to above 8... it can be done

Morale is high, I've won five, drawn one out of six and player averages seem decent.

I think the misconduct is for stuff said about the refereeing after/during the game (?) and statements made in the press.

I'll have to look at it again after I watch the real life Man U v Newcastle game..

I played another match and I got this email immediately after the game:
    Subject: This is Your Final Warning

Dear Mr. ----,

The board of directors have been shocked and saddened by you behaviour during recent matches. This must stop NOW! We can no longer tolerate behaviour such as yours at what is a family club. This reflects badly on both yourself and the club as a whole. One more outburst of this nature again and we shall be looking to terminate your contract forthwith.
    Yours faithfully,
    Board of Directors
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

xerces wrote: »
    I played another match and I got this email immediately after the game:

:confused:

Is that a píss take or what :pac::pac::pac:

I've never had this although I've only managed two teams.

You must be running the club into the ground are you? :pac:

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Is that a píss take or what :pac::pac::pac:

I've never had this although I've only managed two teams.

You must be running the club into the ground are you? :pac:

No pisstake, I don't understand what's going on. I'm second in the league after seven games and all the players are in great shape, but the board of directors seem adamant that I'm stepping way out of line somewhere :D.

I don't know what to do now, if I play another game I'll be fired like in my first season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

No pisstake, I don't understand what's going on. I'm second in the league after seven games and all the players are in great shape, but the board of directors seem adamant that I'm stepping way out of line somewhere :D.

I don't know what to do now, if I play another game I'll be fired like in my first season.

Do you do the pre match interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Are you apllying for other jobs by any chance ? or sell any top names

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Do you do the pre match interviews?

No, I never do them. I thought that could be the problem, but it didn't give me the option to do an interview for my last game and yet I received the email quoted above.

All I've done as manager is sign one top player, then select and control my team on game days.

Unless it has something to do with a new feature on Xbox Kinect, in that it picks up sounds during the games and interprets them as the 'outbursts' the board of directors are talking about. A little far-fetched, but that's all I can think of.

Are you apllying for other jobs by any chance ? or sell any top names

No, just signed one player. The transfer deadline is now over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Do you have a webcam hooked up. If so plug it out. The board of your club can see you and you sitting their in the nip is not good for the image of the club. :D

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the Kinect. I unplugged it, played a game and got no email from the board of directors :D.

I did get this before the game though:
    Dear Mr. ----,

We regret to send you this e-mail but we have to draw the line somewhere and your recent outbursts towards officials have placed the board in a difficult situation. These foul mouthed tirades must stop immediately. Failure to do this will leave us with our only option, which is to terminate your contract. We cannot, and will not, tolerate having this club’s good name dragged through the mud time and time again because of your fiery temper. Sort yourself out or find yourself on the managerial scrapheap.

Board of Directors
    I guess Kinect picks up profanity :D.

Well that's one attempted p*ss take that's backfired most spectacularly.

ken wrote: »
    Well that's one attempted p*ss take that's backfired most spectacularly.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. All I'll say is that everything I've said in this thread is true and I genuinely didn't know that Kinect picked up curse words like that.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. All I'll say is that everything I've said in this thread is true and I genuinely didn't know that Kinect picked up curse words like that.
    When i said what i said i meant it as a joke. I had no idea it would work. I don't even own an xbox or any games console.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Got Chiellini , selling for 40k min :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Soby wrote: »
    Got Chiellini , selling for 40k min biggrin.png

l
    l
    \/

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

I did get this before the game though:
    We regret to send you this e-mail but we have to draw the line somewhere and your recent outbursts towards officials have placed the board in a difficult situation. These foul mouthed tirades must stop immediately. Failure to do this will leave us with our only option, which is to terminate your contract. We cannot, and will not, tolerate having this club’s good name dragged through the mud time and time again because of your fiery temper. Sort yourself out or find yourself on the managerial scrapheap.

I guess Kinect picks up profanity :D.

Post a picture the next time it happens ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

It's definitely Kinect. You must be cursing like a trooper during games. It picks up sound during your game.

Not sure why people don't believe you. Here is an article about it:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/video-game-news/9423539/Fifa-13-referees-will-hear-Xbox-Kinect-players-swearing.html

Rooney10 wrote: »
    It's definitely Kinect. You must be cursing like a trooper during games. It picks up sound during your game.

Not sure why people don't believe you. Here is an article about it:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/video-game-news/9423539/Fifa-13-referees-will-hear-Xbox-Kinect-players-swearing.html

I can get quite boisterous in the heat of the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I can get quite boisterous in the heat of the moment.

I wouldn't last one game in charge if I had Kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Kinect picks up your voice.

the commentators mention that you're not happy if you swear after the ref books your player etc.

the board dont like it haha!

you can make subs etc with Kinect too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wow thats amazing , Pity my room is too small for a kinect :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Yea its kinect. Its a hilarious feature. Hasnt stopped me from swearing at all though.

gYFGU.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

Haha...that's brilliant! Didn't know that could happen! Haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I was in champs league final and 3 points behind top of the table with 4 games to go and they gave me the bullet for this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mossie

I've had this twice, got sacked in my first career, started another and made a point of keeping my mouth shut - at least no swearing - and I still get warnings. It's driving me mad so I guess I must disconnect kinect. I notice sometimes in a game the commentator mentions the manager going mad but It never seems to coincide with anything I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Adham__Madrid

The kinect sensor hears the voice of the comantry so it seems that you are shouting all the match.
    That's why they talk about your behavior.
    Just turn off from the settings.

Advertisement