Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to contact EA support?

• 07-10-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

My account got hacked and they're not responding to my emails, how do I talk to a real person that isn't from Pakistan or India? As in a phone number.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Just write down your query on a sheet of A4, roll it up into a ball, and toss it into the nearest wheelie bin and you'll receive the same level of customer care as you would have from phoning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Just write down your query on a sheet of A4, roll it up into a ball, and toss it into the nearest wheelie bin and you'll receive the same level of customer care as you would have from phoning them.

That sounds about right haha, but still wouldn't hurt to phone,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Live chat is useless, you always talk to someone from India. They don't respond to emails, and apparently their phone service is for US and Canada only.

This is why I am asking here: I need a phone number for a Western country so that I can communicate clearly the issue I am having, as those on live-chat seem to have no clue what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Live chat is useless, you always talk to someone from India. They don't respond to emails, and apparently their phone service is for US and Canada only.

This is why I am asking here: I need a phone number for a Western country so that I can communicate clearly the issue I am having, as those on live-chat seem to have no clue what's going on.

surely the people from india are speaking english?and you forgot bangladesh and sri lanka in your list of possible countries of origin for the support people you were talking to.no point ringing the support numbers for us/canada as they wont deal with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Live chat is useless, you always talk to someone from India.

Live chat is text so who cares.

Had a few problems with Mass effect 3 mp and with Battlefield after trying to sort out all the different user accounts before they started using their own and after my problem was sorted they gave me 15% off vouchers each time.

Varik wrote: »
    Live chat is text so who cares.

Had a few problems with Mass effect 3 mp and with Battlefield after trying to sort out all the different user accounts before they started using their own and after my problem was sorted they gave me 15% off vouchers each time.

My problem are their policies and how they fanatically stick to them even if they make no sense, and they refuse to let me speak to a supervisor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i had a ridiculous time of it before with ea support. my online pass for fifa 12 didnt work. i had bought the game in retail, as i always do despite my job, because ive got lots of time for rutter and the team, but the code was having none of it. i used the online live support and it was going grand til the guy says "do you have the box and the manual?". ea stopped shipping games with manuals a good while back, so i said to him "yeah i have the box, but ea doesn't put manuals in boxes any more as part of the green policy", his reply was "sorry, i cant help you without a manual". tried explaining nobody on the planet has a manual for fifa 12 since it's included on the disk only. had absolutely no joy

so i did what anyone in my slightly privileged position would do and emailed the head of communications in ea and threatened to run the transcript as a story if i didnt get it sorted. 15 minutes later i was playing online

in short - their support is awful unless you give them a reason for it not to be

Helix wrote: »
    i had a ridiculous time of it before with ea support. my online pass for fifa 12 didnt work. i had bought the game in retail, as i always do despite my job, because ive got lots of time for rutter and the team, but the code was having none of it. i used the online live support and it was going grand til the guy says "do you have the box and the manual?". ea stopped shipping games with manuals a good while back, so i said to him "yeah i have the box, but ea doesn't put manuals in boxes any more as part of the green policy", his reply was "sorry, i cant help you without a manual". tried explaining nobody on the planet has a manual for fifa 12 since it's included on the disk only. had absolutely no joy

so i did what anyone in my slightly privileged position would do and emailed the head of communications in ea and threatened to run the transcript as a story if i didnt get it sorted. 15 minutes later i was playing online

in short - their support is awful unless you give them a reason for it not to be

Don't suppose you could give me the address for the head of communications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Don't suppose you could give me the address for the head of communications?

afraid not unfortunately. sorry but it'd not really reflect all that well on me professionally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv found EA live chat great. Yes your talking to bloody someone in India :rolleyes: but my problem was always sorted

afraid not unfortunately. sorry but it'd not really reflect all that well on me professionally

What do you mean? So it isn't a publicly accessible address? Bummer. Live chat is not helpful at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I have used the EA live chat support on a few occasions now (account related issues, CD Key problems etc . . . ) and to be fair they usually solve my problem within minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Aye, I've had to use their Live Chat support a couple of times and outside of some horrific queueing around BF3 beta time, the experience has always been fine.

Anyway, the internet says their technical support department can be contacted via their UK number at 0870 2432435. Their non-premium rate number is 01483 463000 so I'd suggest trying that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

whereas threatening a director of communications over 1 bad experience with a random agent was professional?

Having worked in callcentres in various roles I know that chat support is the most cost effective form of support and will nearly always be outsourced for that reason, the outsourcers get the same level of training as anyone in an Irish/UK support centre, so if you've had bad support blame the individual not the entire country, ive had some rubbish service from plenty of Irish/UK agents from Voda/O2/UPC etc.

Advertisement