Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc repair in Carlow ?

Options
  • 07-10-2012 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭

PC has gone all teenager on me and is refusing to co operate. What are the pc repair shops in Carlow like ?

Who are decent n who should I avoid ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

i had a problem with my laptop and the lads in the comex shop repaired it no hass, very friendly and explain what needs to be done and do the job brillantly. thier located across the road from the old location of PTSB in carlow town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Owryan wrote: »
    PC has gone all teenager on me and is refusing to co operate. What are the pc repair shops in Carlow like ?

www.carlowcomputerrepairs.com
    Colm and Paul they will see you right
    https://www.facebook.com/CarlowComputerRepairs
    *Mod note, please don't give out phone numbers on the open forum ,use PM*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 RonnieWhelan

Try DS Computers over at Craiguecullen bridge beside Dominos i think, they are very helpful and priced good also.

Another option is the Polish/Latvian guy beside Dempsey's Hardware on tullow street across from the superquinn entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

i second DS computers beside dominos, genuine guy jason who has helped me over the years, the thing with him is that he knows his stuff and not bluffing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Thanks folks. Tried the place beside dempseys. Sadly the pc is not worth to cost of repairing it. Have a hard drive full of media I need to access .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Thanks folks. Tried the place beside dempseys. Sadly the pc is not worth to cost of repairing it. Have a hard drive full of media I need to access .
    Get yourself a HDD caddy to USB, either SATA or IDE depending on Drive, slap the drive in and connect to laptop/pc via USB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Villain wrote: »
    Get yourself a HDD caddy to USB, either SATA or IDE depending on Drive, slap the drive in and connect to laptop/pc via USB.

Lol I understand none of that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lol I understand none of that
    e.g. http://www.amazon.com/External-Hard-Disk-Enclosure-Drive/dp/B000YFVROE

Basically It allows you to turn your hard drive into a USB Drive, so you can connect it to a pc or laptop the same way you connect a USB key and then copy off what you need. Assuming the drive isn't fecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Try DS Computers over at Craiguecullen bridge beside Dominos i think, they are very helpful and priced good also.QUOTE]
    Thats where i went to get my laptop fixed many moons ago but when i went to collect it he wanted €110 instead of €60 which we had agreed -

what was agreed to be done for your 60euro SIXPACK? and what was done when you went to collect it that it cost extra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 tictac3

Dont go near DS computers.they destroyed a nearly new laptop on me

see this is the problem with forums, one person can recommend someone for doing a good job, but with negative comments and no explanation i find it very disrespective to small business trying there best in the current climate....

"bad news travels faster than good news in this country"

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tictac3

lotdpd wrote: »
    see this is the problem with forums, one person can recommend someone for doing a good job, but with negative comments and no explanation i find it very disrespective to small business trying there best in the current climate....

"bad news travels faster than good news in this country"
    I thought that was the whole idea of forums ,that someone can ask for other peoples opinions and experiences and make a more informed choice at the end of it ,I have good reason for making negative commments as these clowns attempted a repair on my laptop that they neither had the equipment or know how to carry out and handed it back to me 5 weeks later after getting a different story about what was wrong with it every time I rang , completly beyond repair costing me 800 euros which I can ill afford in the current climate .I would never be disrespectful to any good small business but after seeing the botched attempt at a repair on my machine I would nt let them change a plug on a computer nevermind do anything with the electronics inside, I dont feel that they are very deserving of my respect and if this is trying their best they need to try a little harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

tictac3 wrote: »
    I thought that was the whole idea of forums ,that someone can ask for other peoples opinions and experiences and make a more informed choice at the end of it ,I have good reason for making negative commments as these clowns attempted a repair on my laptop that they neither had the equipment or know how to carry out and handed it back to me 5 weeks later after getting a different story about what was wrong with it every time I rang , completly beyond repair costing me 800 euros which I can ill afford in the current climate .I would never be disrespectful to any good small business but after seeing the botched attempt at a repair on my machine I would nt let them change a plug on a computer nevermind do anything with the electronics inside, I dont feel that they are very deserving of my respect and if this is trying their best they need to try a little harder!

I agree, your not the first to have nothing good to say about DS computers I have heard from other people that is why I go no were else but Carlow computer repairs, I have never had a problem there would not go any were else now.

So your problem was???

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

A few months ago, I lent you a device when you needed to clean off your computer. The device I gave you was a connector with an old Laptop HD connected onto it, serving as a portable harddrive. You would use that same device that I gave you, just remove your own HD from your laptop, then connect it into the device, and plug it into your PC via USB - then ou can root around inside the HD on your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wizzer

I dropped in laptop recently. Young lad spilt 7up in keyboard & destroyed circuits inside. They set me up with reconditioned laptop & all files transferred over. My opinion, very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

what is wrong with the laptop?

Advertisement