Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exercise/nutrition balance on reducing diet.

Options
  • 07-10-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Hi, following lurking here I got on to Sparkpeople which is very useful. I've been doing about 1,600 kCals per day on average. Now, I'm a fairly active person even though I'm about 2 stone overweight, and after a few days of logging my activity levels I got an alert to say that (I'm paraphrasing) I might be overdoing things as my activity levels may cause my body to go into starvation mode and thus militate against weight loss.

So, would I be right in thinking that as my body is used to this level of activity, it won't actually go into starvation mode?

My feeling is that underneath the fat, I'm actually quite toned... if only I could see it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's a few hours of low intensity exercise. It's not going to trigger starvation mode or anything like that.
    Look at people with active jobs, or even people who naturally walk a lot in their day to day life. They will easily do more than 5 hours a week with out issue.
    Why should it be any different when its labeled "exercise".

Advertisement