Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Studying

Options
  • 07-10-2012 6:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi
    I was wondering still in mind the pres are in 3 months
    I have done thus much studying so far
    History-1st and 2nd year course + ww1
    Business 1st year course+ 3 chapters of 2nd year
    Science all chemistry course
    Maths

Is this is enough
    I am planning to have Business and history and science whole course finished by 1st november and having 1st year geography done by that time would that be to less
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

wasim butt wrote: »
    Hi
    I was wondering still in mind the pres are in 3 months
    I have done thus much studying so far
    History-1st and 2nd year course + ww1
    Business 1st year course+ 3 chapters of 2nd year
    Science all chemistry course
    Maths

Is this is enough
    I am planning to have Business and history and science whole course finished by 1st november and having 1st year geography done by that time would that be to less
    Thank you
    What I'd advise you to do, is try and just revise 1st & 2nd Year stuff before you're pres, as 3rd Year content should still be fresh in your mind from class. Also, don't neglect you're other subjects. What about Maths, English and Irish? You may feel confident in certain subjects but it's important not to neglect them! :) Best of Luck!

I'm in 3rd Year too so if you have any questions, just ask! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Oh God what, You're all studying already? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

Oh God what, You're all studying already? :o
    Yeah im shocked too.Hearing everyone is studying already.I tried to study but im just too lazy or find myself busy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭wasim butt

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    What I'd advise you to do, is try and just revise 1st & 2nd Year stuff before you're pres, as 3rd Year content should still be fresh in your mind from class. Also, don't neglect you're other subjects. What about Maths, English and Irish? You may feel confident in certain subjects but it's important not to neglect them! :) Best of Luck!

I study Maths by our teacher giving maths exam papers weekly in addition of hw and 1 and half hour every week grinds
    For english i just do my hw and learn quotes
    for wood and metal i was planning to study it one day before my pres
    and same as languages

could i ask how far are you in your study ? :)

• Advertisement

I study Maths by our teacher giving maths exam papers weekly in addition of hw and 1 and half hour every week grinds
    For english i just do my hw and learn quotes
    for wood and metal i was planning to study it one day before my pres
    and same as languages

Ah fair enough then :) Just don't neglect anything! Is leaving Wood/Metal and Languages until the pres a good idea? You've plenty of time now! :confused:
    could i ask how far are you in your study ? :)

No bother! :) What subjects in particular?

Like all and i don't do irish so lol grand on me
    I am only looking for a b or c in languages
    and im doing ordinary level german and honours italian so... probally do a week before same as wood and metal as i have already a fresh idea and the test we get for midterm and all will give me memorise stuff

Like all and i don't do irish so lol grand on me
    I am only looking for a b or c in languages
    and im doing ordinary level german and honours italian so... probally do a week before same as wood and metal as i have already a fresh idea and the test we get for midterm and all will give me memorise stuff
    Ahm, well in the majority of my subjects what I've been doing now is revising first an second year stuff! :) I've almost finished all of my second year courses now, but have a ton of second year stuff to get through!

I've been doing exam questions relating to these different topics, as I revise them. I for one prefer not to write into my exam papers as you really can't do the question again and again! I think having a big folder and dividers is much better for recording exam questions!

For subjects like English, Irish and French, I've been focusing more on section by section, i.e. starting with Section One, Section Two and so on.

Best of Luck! :D

Ahm, well in the majority of my subjects what I've been doing now is revising first an second year stuff! :) I've almost finished all of my second year courses now, but have a ton of second year stuff to get through!

I've been doing exam questions relating to these different topics, as I revise them. I for one prefer not to write into my exam papers as you really can't do the question again and again! I think having a big folder and dividers is much better for recording exam questions!

For subjects like English, Irish and French, I've been focusing more on section by section, i.e. starting with Section One, Section Two and so on.

Best of Luck! :D
    Best of luck to you and your studying i wish you the best in the exams

What about maths guys, how long will it take you to study that, I'm thinking I could revise the whole course in a few days, it's not that broad, and higher level is like a revision with some hard problems thrown in. Your opinions?

• Advertisement

Well for me in my opinion maybe not to others maths its not like the other subjects you cannot study it you just gotta keep practising exam qs.
    Basically what i do is get grinds for 1 and half hour in maths every monday
    also do all my hw from the grinds teacher and my normal teacher in school
    In addition our teacher gives us exam qs to do every week so i do that
    So i am pretty confident with maths not my biggest worry lol

Well for me in my opinion maybe not to others maths its not like the other subjects you cannot study it you just gotta keep practising exam qs.
    Basically what i do is get grinds for 1 and half hour in maths every monday
    also do all my hw from the grinds teacher and my normal teacher in school
    In addition our teacher gives us exam qs to do every week so i do that
    So i am pretty confident with maths not my biggest worry lol

How did you get your maths papers already? I didn't think they where out :o
    Well, best of luck to you then ;)

How did you get your maths papers already? I didn't think they where out :o
    Well, best of luck to you then ;)

Exam papers online
    and i think i am not sure you can pre order them online

What about maths guys, how long will it take you to study that, I'm thinking I could revise the whole course in a few days, it's not that broad, and higher level is like a revision with some hard problems thrown in. Your opinions?
    I was thinking that too! The HL course is really just revising the OL course and some extra little bits! It's weird!

Ahm tbh, what I'm doing for maths is just doing a couple of revision questions every now and again! I really need to start doing some Exam Questions too, but right now I'm just way too lazy :rolleyes:

Ahm, you can't order the maths exam papers, seeing as our Paper Two Exam Sample hasn't been shown to anyone yet! :) I grabbed my cousins old exam papers just to do some Paper One questions :D (When I get around to it :L)

Also guys,
    I'm not one to look in depth into the Junior, I'll sit my exam and that's it.
    But I was wondering,
    What is the difference between Maths paper 1 and 2?
    Also, I took some online papers (Project maths, which I am doing) and a lot of the questions are not even from the course, just common sense, fairly handy if you ask me, also any of you guys doing the Prism maths competition, a guy in my class won it last year, he's ridiculous at maths, he doesnt have to study, at all. He just remembers everything (With numbers) It's crazy, I sit beside him, he helps me out when there are some things that are impossible haha

Also guys,
    I'm not one to look in depth into the Junior, I'll sit my exam and that's it.
    But I was wondering,
    What is the difference between Maths paper 1 and 2?
    Also, I took some online papers (Project maths, which I am doing) and a lot of the questions are not even from the course, just common sense, fairly handy if you ask me, also any of you guys doing the Prism maths competition, a guy in my class won it last year, he's ridiculous at maths, he doesnt have to study, at all. He just remembers everything (With numbers) It's crazy, I sit beside him, he helps me out when there are some things that are impossible haha
    For us, Paper 1 is the same as it always has been and Paper 2 is Project Maths.

Paper 2 has always been Geometry/Trigonometry Sections and Probability/Statistics Sections.

Paper 1 is more Algebra and Stuff :)

For us, Paper 1 is the same as it always has been and Paper 2 is Project Maths.

Paper 2 has always been Geometry/Trigonometry Sections and Probability/Statistics Sections.

Paper 1 is more Algebra and Stuff :)

Alright, thankss :)
    Trigonometry is class :P

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

I feel really out of my depth here because everyone seems to be studying, while I'm living with the "yera it'll be grand" attitude. I can usually remember things from ages ago anyway, and the only subjects I've started revising are the ones which we do in class, like History.
    The only subject I feel really uncomfortable with is Science :( Nobody in my year has taken it seriously since November 2010 :')

Advertisement