Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians wanted

Options
  • 07-10-2012 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody involved in or knows a solo/two piece or three piece covers band looking to book some gigs drop me a pm for more details

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thanks for the pms so far lads keep em coming :)

One or two good acts in there

Anyone know of a band called the AJ's and how I can get in touch with them or a guy called Andy Kavanagh by any chance? Lost his phone number like the dope that I am!

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Another covers band. No wonder Waterford never produced a successful rock group.

SubBusted wrote: »
    Another covers band. No wonder Waterford never produced a successful rock group.

Depends on your definition of success I guess, there may be one or two bands you don't know possibly that have had success? Solar Taxi going quite well at the moment not to mention the success that a couple of other bands have had in recent years.

For the most part I agree with the sentiment that Waterford should be doing what it can to promote original artists and there are a couple of venues who do so, but the customers in certain pubs want to hear music they know, what are you supposed to do? You have to cater to the clientele.

So do you actually have a way for me to get in contact with him or is it just a little moan you wanted to have?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

kryogen wrote: »
    Anyone know of a band called the AJ's and how I can get in touch with them or a guy called Andy Kavanagh by any chance?

Ask in John Palmers - they might know them/him

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
Advertisement