Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting Cassette to MP3

• 07-10-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I'm trying to put together a package for Fr. Vivian Oblivion at the moment, the poet. He has some pieces recorded, home demos, that he wants to give to people when he plays shows. I was wondering what is the best way to get these cassette demos onto my computer so that I can put them on C.D. I realise that the fidelity of the recordings will not be amazing, but this is the sort of music where that can often add "character" to what he's doing. Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

If you have no software for this download audacity, it's free.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I'm presuming that you are just using a standard laptop/pc which probably has 3 ports, headphones, mic, line in.
    Make sure that you use the line in input.

If you are using like a tape deck system get a phono to mini jack lead to connect that to the line in of the pc. or if its a walkman you have use a mini jack to mini jack.

Make sure that you get your levels right. As a trial run hit record on audacity and play in the tape you have. Adjust the input levels so that the loudest part is not going into the red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I am familiar with Audacity. I am just curious as to what the lead I need to get looks like. Thank you for the information though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

I'd imagine either one of these if you're coming from a deck or a walkman

3.5mm-stereo-mini-jack-to-twin-rca-phono-cable-lead-5m-39-p.jpg

IS296700-01-01-BIG.jpg

Advertisement