Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs Wars 18: Angie Vs Behind Blue Eyes

• 07-10-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭

In the last songs wars thread, When a Man Cries beat Crystal Ship. For Song Wars 18 i've went for two songs from two bands that are apart of the classic rock genre. Angie by The Rolling Stones and Behind Blue Eyes by The Who.

Angie was released in 1973 on the album Goats Head Soup, while Behind Blue Eyes was released in 1971 on the album Who's Next. Both songs became No.1 one hits, and are also popularly covered songs as well.

My Choice. I had a listen of both songs, and thought about this for a while, but i've gone with Angie. I was originally going to pick Behind Blue Eyes but on further analysis I prefer Angie. I just think the vocals and implementation of the instruments make a little more dynamic. But that's me.

Which song do you prefer? 6 votes

Angie
    0% 0 votes
    Behind Blue Eyes
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

But wasn't it Limp Bizkit who wrote Behind Blue Eye's? And Aslan wrote Angie??

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Behind Blue Eyes for me. Prefer the lyrics and think it is a more melodic song.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Definitely 'Angie' for me. Musically, lyrically, and Jaggers voice, all beautifully put together.

Advertisement