Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever had a gun pointed at you?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Sleepy wrote: »
    All these "friends" who've pointed guns at boards.ies and not one of them ended up requiring medical attention? Loaded or no, I would batter someone for pointing a gun at me "as a joke". Fvcking moronic behaviour.

(To be fair, if they're the sort of psycho who might respond to the punches by using the gun with malice next time, I'm sure I'd simply mark it down to experience and avoid them from then on, but a normal person who was "only messing" would be getting a slap.

No, never had one pointed at me but I've never been anywhere *that* dangerous either.

No need to batter someone who doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Michael Scofield

No, although a guy did walk into an off-licence behind me in the US and shout "This is a stick up!". Almost wet myself until I saw the guy behind the counter laughing, looked around at to see his mate pointing his not-so-lethal finger at me with a huge grin on his face :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,871 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Better to have a gun and not need it than to need one and not have one...

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

I understand its probs common practice, down the country to jape around with the old mans shotgun or that but in the 'burbs it's not gonna be not so innocent. That's what happens on here, some rural lad starts sounding off about having a gun as if it was his only avenue to let off steam and it gets misconstrued

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

thunderdog wrote: »
    Maybe she was in on the whole thing

It was the restaurants first night, we'd done about 6 customers... 2 paid with credit card, he got the float and about 100 quid, she was cleverer than that :-)

The armed response put me in the back of the unmarked and drove me around to 2 different guys they'd apprehended to see if that was the perp.
    It wasn't, but it was feckin cool ...
    They arrested yer man weeks later, turned out he was a local criminal, went on an armed robbery rampage and just went from place to place robbing them, one after another...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

mfceiling wrote: »
    Better to have a gun and not need it than to need one and not have one...
    Well you could say that about anything. Like "It's better to have an elephant and not need it than to need one and not have one."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well you could say that about anything. Like "It's better to have an elephant and not need it than to need one and not have one."

This man's logic is infallible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Although this begs the question, "How are you gonna fit an elephant in your night stand" and what to do about the resultant stench and mess, it does solve your security issues. You've got to be mad to burgle any home when there's an elephant residing in it. I've seen the youtube of what an upset pachyderm can do to an Asian trainer.

Advertisement