Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.E teaching post grad

Options
  • 07-10-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello everyone,
    Im so sick of trying to find an answer for this so i hope someone can help me. I finished college last year, where i studied 3yrs Recreation and Leisure and then 1yr honours degree in business studies. So i have and ordinary and honours degree now. What i want to know is... can i apply for a postgrad in P.E teaching in ireland? Is the honours degree recognised by the teaching council?? And yes i know about the course in U.L

If this is not possible, has anyone gone to england to do the post grad in P.E??? Could u tell me about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭castaway_lady

Unless you did your degree in Tralee which if it's business based recreation and leisure Im sure you didn't then to the best of my knowledge its not recognised by the Teaching Council for teaching PE so the postgrad would be useless to you even if you could get in which would be unlikely without a recognised degree. As far as I know even if you did a postgrad in the UK your undergrad wouldnt get you registered with the TC.

So to do PE you'd have to start a new degree as far as Im aware.

Advertisement