Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

GoodLord wrote: »
    wherever the extenal feed comes from i don't know .

I just told you . Newstalk .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

johnplayer wrote: »
    I just told you . Newstalk .
    sorry thought you were asking me

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

yes, including 7am, news mostly comes from an external feed, is it INN? Theres a locally broadcast one at 10 am and at 1 pm. As far as I know 9 am/11am/noon are feeds. All should be form Clonmel all should have local content.

Don't know what after noon is like most feeds I would say

Nope, INN are gone. Must be Newstalk. I'm surprised actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Radioshed

I must say i was surprised when i tuned in last weekend (after a long absence), to find no local news at 10 oclock just some guy reading deaths after the news which is supplied from Newstalk. There had been a large fire in the Clonmel area over night it was all over social media yet Tipp had nothing, even Beat were running it on there news and on their website. Now to be fair they did cover it on Monday. It appears only GAA gets covered at weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Tipp FM...2nd/3rd with the news in Tipperary..I am sure the contract with the BAI must require local news at weekends..For such a story to happen four miles from the studios,and not to be covered is beyond belief....If they cant do the job properly,they shouldn't hold a licence.Local radio is just a tagline it seems..its no wonder the listeners are going elsewhere...

• Advertisement

DT100 wrote: »
    Tipp FM...2nd/3rd with the news in Tipperary..I am sure the contract with the BAI must require local news at weekends..For such a story to happen four miles from the studios,and not to be covered is beyond belief....If they cant do the job properly,they shouldn't hold a licence.Local radio is just a tagline it seems..its no wonder the listeners are going elsewhere...
    it does

9 am today francesca comym read no local news. if anyone can fill in th rest of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

I can't figure out if ye are seriously concerned about the quality of the radio station or ye are keyboard warriors that like to come here for a whine. If it the latter fine but if it's the former why not actually do something about it as ye seem well up on the going ons. Just my opinion.

I can't figure out if ye are seriously concerned about the quality of the radio station or ye are keyboard warriors that like to come here for a whine. If it the latter fine but if it's the former why not actually do something about it as ye seem well up on the going ons. Just my opinion.
    they are licensed to produce news and are not doing it. If it was anyone one else they would be boasting about how they exposed it and solved it like they boast when, by coincidence, the council fills a pothole. and how do you know nothing is being done about it

Relax, if you're actually doing more than venting here fair play. I listen to tipp fm when I'm back home and enjoy it as I'd think a lot of people do. But then I wouldn't have the time or inclination or indeed expertise to analyse the station in depth.

Relax, if you're actually doing more than venting here fair play. I listen to tipp fm when I'm back home and enjoy it as I'd think a lot of people do. But then I wouldn't have the time or inclination or indeed expertise to analyse the station in depth.
    maybe the people who enjoy it do not know the requirements re news

• Advertisement

I didn't know the requirement about news till I read it here but that won't stop me enjoying the station in the future. When the news is on I listen to it doesn't bother me where it comes from.

I didn't know the requirement about news till I read it here but that won't stop me enjoying the station in the future. When the news is on I listen to it doesn't bother me where it comes from.
    that is notthe issue. it is licensed to produce news for the people who do live there as you say you only visit

Well I can't speak for others but if there was a radio station that upset me as much as tipp fm seems to upset you I would change that dial life is too short

Well I can't speak for others but if there was a radio station that upset me as much as tipp fm seems to upset you I would change that dial life is too short
    i did not say it upset me. you came to that conclusion. this is a locl radio thread. i am commenting on local radio. now i have not time to disccus further so will not respond

That's no problem if you're short on time it's nearly time for news at 5 let's hope it's a good bulletin with plenty local news :-)

Radioshed wrote: »
    I must say i was surprised when i tuned in last weekend (after a long absence), to find no local news at 10 oclock just some guy reading deaths after the news which is supplied from Newstalk. There had been a large fire in the Clonmel area over night it was all over social media yet Tipp had nothing, even Beat were running it on there news and on their website. Now to be fair they did cover it on Monday. It appears only GAA gets covered at weekends.
    met someone from clonmel today who was amazed at no mention of the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

In fairness to Tipp Fm, their All-Ireland build up show on Friday night was top class.

Careful now anything positive about tipp fm doesn't go down well in here :-)

In my opinion TippFM news is pretty ok . The structure is as it should be by prioritising local stories and more recently using a " Drop the Dead Donkey " at the end . My only concerns are the same of some of the above and that's streamed news from NT . INN/Newstalk are a crutch for newsrooms . The service should hardly ever be used . If you've nobody else in the building you should have someone in news and " on news " . Local breaking stories need instant attention as TippFM ( in this case ) will be your " go to " for the latest . There are clever ways to run a busy ( almost around the clock news service ) on a budget . Local listeners will punish you with their dial for taking what is perceived " Dublin News " .

In my opinion TippFM news is pretty ok . The structure is as it should be by prioritising local stories and more recently using a " Drop the Dead Donkey " at the end . My only concerns are the same of some of the above and that's streamed news from NT . INN/Newstalk are a crutch for newsrooms . The service should hardly ever be used . If you've nobody else in the building you should have someone in news and " on news " . Local breaking stories need instant attention as TippFM ( in this case ) will be your " go to " for the latest . There are clever ways to run a busy ( almost around the clock news service ) on a budget . Local listeners will punish you with their dial for taking what is perceived " Dublin News " .
    your opinion is not the licensing requirement

• Advertisement

Just a general minder to attack the post, not the poster.

Mr. G wrote: »
    Just a general minder to attack the post, not the poster.
    how is stating a fact attacking the poster. i was pointing out that there are requirements above his opinion. how else could i say it

Don't worry while you are attempting to be condescending I'm a little more thick skinned then that . My opinion in fact reflects the facts that TippFM far exceed the news and speech quota of 20% per day. You may be aware that the BAI monitor all stations in this country on a regular basis . There is NO slipping through the cracks on this very subject .

how is stating a fact attacking the poster. i was pointing out that there are requirements above his opinion. how else could i say it

Johnplayer gave his own opinion on the matter, not the BAI's. In any case, it was just a general reminder.

Can we please get back on topic please?

Don't worry while you are attempting to be condescending I'm a little more thick skinned then that . My opinion in fact reflects the facts that TippFM far exceed the news and speech quota of 20% per day. You may be aware that the BAI monitor all stations in this country on a regular basis . There is NO slipping through the cracks on this very subject .
    not at the weekend which is what i am talking about. all bulletins should come locally and have local news at weekend, not newstalk feeds.Do they? a serious fire in the area they cover not reported till after the weekend

Please make yourself aware of the stations remit . Newstalk is considered part of the quota on weekends .

Please make yourself aware of the stations remit . Newstalk is considered part of the quota on weekends .
    no its not. should be bulletins from local station with local news each bulletin

Well my understanding was it was all news and not just local content . If I'm wrong I appoligise .

On a lighter note,from the talk show in the morning last week.A lady was on the phone talking about the water charges,and saying how she wasn't happy paying because she was in a hard water area.

Presenter; "When you are washing,do you find it hard to work up a lather "?
    Caller; "I don't ever walk up ladders":D

• Advertisement

I would like to thank Tipp FM for their coverage of the Hurling Final both drawn and replay and also the homecoming on Sunday. Wasn't able to get to croke park or even back to tipp so it was a priceless service.

Advertisement