Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

A " Clare out " hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

You mean Seamus Martin from Cahir will be replaced by Fran Curry from Annacarty; hardly a Clare out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    You mean Seamus Martin from Cahir will be replaced by Fran Curry from Annacarty; hardly a Clare out

Who will do Frans show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 AprilPhilips

you mean Curry is replacing Martin? On what basis? whatever about Martin bad at times Curry is unlistenable.

Is Seamus retiring by choice..or was the choice made for him...thats what I mean!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 AprilPhilips

Is Seamus retiring by choice..or was the choice made for him...thats what I mean!
    he gave the impression it was by choice when he annoiunced it. he will be there part time he said not on tipp today. no one in their right mind would get rid of him for curry anyway. curry has no clue how to interview. he was on a few days ago for a couple of days . did not listen to any of it.Would listen to SOME of seamus but i am not in tipp or a regular tipp fmer anyway might make sense if they bring in new younger person

I don't think he is going to be doing anything with the station now....They have extended Tipp Today to three hours,and changed some other shows as well..so that means,no new presenters...Maybe it was on the cards,that they wanted to extend the Tipp Today show,to three hours..

Always thought it was a 3 hour show tbh and had always thought it was a long shift . Always think it's sure to lose share unless it's incredible well presented and produced with plenty local packages . Talk radio is the most expensive radio to produce for a reason . It's a lot easier to gain share through music radio as it's not as engaging and can be left on in the background . So what's the plan across the rest of the day then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Seamus Martin will be badly missed, he always came across as a man of sincerity and integrity.

Clare FM bought out all the minority shareholders last year, they must think that radio is a cash cow, RTE Radio One have found out that they lost listener share when they moved Ryan Tubridy to 2FM.

In my view there should be two stations for Tipperary. They call it local radio but what is local to Borrisokane is not local to Ballyporeen and visa versa!

It will be interesting to watch the financial value of the company over the next few years. The best way to track this is through the Companies Office.

Forget about listenership figures as most people just dip and and out for Local News and Death Notices.

In my view Tony Hornibrook has a great following from on the road car radio listeners.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Tipperary has 2 radio stations . TippMidWest is just along the dial. And I don't agree that most just dip in and out for news and deaths. It's on in plenty of houses/cars all day long

• Advertisement

Xenophile wrote: »
    Seamus Martin will be badly missed, he always came across as a man of sincerity and integrity.

Clare FM bought out all the minority shareholders last year, they must think that radio is a cash cow, RTE Radio One have found out that they lost listener share when they moved Ryan Tubridy to 2FM.

In my view there should be two stations for Tipperary. They call it local radio but what is local to Borrisokane is not local to Ballyporeen and visa versa!

It will be interesting to watch the financial value of the company over the next few years. The best way to track this is through the Companies Office.

Forget about listenership figures as most people just dip and and out for Local News and Death Notices.

In my view Tony Hornibrook has a great following from on the road car radio listeners.

The financial side cant be very good,if they had to leave go,the guy who used to be out and about,for the breakfast show...I may be right in thinking,that Tipperary was to be a three licence county..North,Mid,South,but the North never came about..

The financial side cant be very good,if they had to leave go,the guy who used to be out and about,for the breakfast show...I may be right in thinking,that Tipperary was to be a three licence county..North,Mid,South,but the North never came about..

There could possibly be a good case made for a second Independent station for Tipperary broadcasting from Nt Tipp .

Jesus...nearly two hours of country and irish weekdays now...I am going to have to hide the work radio....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Xenophile wrote: »

I remember I was in Nenagh one morning January/February 2014 (wasn't that long after TippFM opened the Nenagh broadcast centre) and I went into Subway for breakfast and the radio was tuned into SpinSW. In fact every shop I went in to on Pearse Street that had a radio playing in the background on were tuned to SpinSW.

johnplayer wrote: »
    There could possibly be a good case made for a second Independent station for Tipperary broadcasting from Nt Tipp .

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Jesus...nearly two hours of country and irish weekdays now...I am going to have to hide the work radio....

no no - buy an ipod and one of these :

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-iTrip-Mini-Transmitter-iPod/dp/B0002F4EO6

and put it near the radio somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Expunge

Anyone hear anything about KCLR (Carlow/Killkenny franchise holder) joining the mighty Radio Group that Mr. O'Shea is building?

I heard there'll soon be a connection between KCLR, Clare and Tipp - subject to all the usual business and regulatory stuff.
    Maybe I heard wrong.

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Expunge

From someone not in any way connected to local radio but keeps an ear to the ground.

Like I said, maybe I am misinformed.

The new man in the morning is not bad at all...I wonder why they changed a couple of programmes around,when they were doing so well in the ratings,from the last survey..The only thing that sounds a little bad,is the news at 1am,[after the morning show repeat],is the news reader says "Good evening"..Now I know that its not live at that hour,but don't make it so clear that its not....A lot of country during the afternoon now,I am not mad keen on that,it sounds like they are sounding like Tip Mid West,but TMW are popular,so maybe that's the plan?

• Advertisement

Not sure I agree about the guy on the breakfast show . The girl on it is excellent. She appears to be the one holding it together and I'd say she'd be even better with a different co host . Anyone know where she worked before ?

johnplayer wrote: »
    Not sure I agree about the guy on the breakfast show . The girl on it is excellent. She appears to be the one holding it together and I'd say she'd be even better with a different co host . Anyone know where she worked before ?

I meant the new guy on the chat show at 9am,was doing alright....

I only listen to the sports show to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

http://www.thejournal.ie/sky-one-meteor-shower-2330045-Sep2015/
    We spoke to Tom H. Oax, general manager of Blunsink Observatory, who told us that “a meteor strike of this magnitude could potentially wreak apocalyptic levels of havoc, depending on where exactly it lands off the Irish coast”.

They just reported this on Tipp Today as a fact.

CommentPhotos.com_1405786188.jpg

I meant the new guy on the chat show at 9am,was doing alright....

Haven't heard the new guy on the chat show so can't comment .

Sorry should correct that . Didn't realise Fran Curry had taken over . Yeah I'd Agee that Fran is very good .

This country music crack during the day is awful..It seems,that if you don't know what to do to get listeners,throw on a bit of country/irish...I often complained about the guy doing the chat in the morning,but whats in its place,is worse...Bringing on other presenters,and giggling between themselves..I never thought I'd say it,but ,bring back the other fella...

This country music crack during the day is awful..It seems,that if you don't know what to do to get listeners,throw on a bit of country/irish...I often complained about the guy doing the chat in the morning,but whats in its place,is worse...Bringing on other presenters,and giggling between themselves..I never thought I'd say it,but ,bring back the other fella...

And the daily Facebook sycophantic nonsense. In jokes abound.

Tipp Today seems to have become watered down.It has more in the way of entertainment,than the topics it used to cover,but I must say,the Clonmel Chamber guy,who was on a couple of days a while back, was very good.He had a great grasp of the subjects he was covering.

• Advertisement

I fail to see the connection between the person that's presents that show and some guy from the chamber of commerce that was interviewed . I'm sure lots of people brought on that show know what they're talking about as its their " chosen subject "

Advertisement