Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

johnplayer wrote: »
    I fail to see the connection between the person that's presents that show and some guy from the chamber of commerce that was interviewed . I'm sure lots of people brought on that show know what they're talking about as its their " chosen subject "

My fault for not making it clear that the chamber guy presented the show for two days

How did the Irish Times have the C&C story..and the local station news were second to the story.When they covered the story..They said "According to the irish times"..so they were taking the news from a paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

How did the Irish Times have the C&C story..and the local station news were second to the story.When they covered the story..They said "According to the irish times"..so they were taking the news from a paper?

Newstalk had the story on their website before RTE.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Newstalk had the story on their website before RTE.

Newstalk/RTE are not local stations for Tipperary

Newstalk/RTE are not local stations for Tipperary

Either is the Irish Times a local newspaper! So what, Tipp FM has gone to the dogs since Seamus Martin left.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

Not the first time tipp fm were late with the story. before or after s martin makes no difference . he was no great shakes

Either is the Irish Times a local newspaper! So what, Tipp FM has gone to the dogs since Seamus Martin left.

The fact that I asked the question,should make it clear,that the Irish Times is not local:rolleyes:...So,in what way do you think it was better when Seamus was there?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

It was leaked to the IT. Most likely someone senior in the company. The workers and TippFM were the last to know. They only picked up the story when Michael Lowry got involved and it was still unconfirmed until a meeting took place in The Ragg pub Bouladuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

It was a "scoop" for the Irish Times
    TippFM has disimproved terribly but nothing to do with S Martina departure
    5 or 6 hours of wall to wall country music every day is unforgivable
    Bungling presenters who can't operate equipment, long silences
    On and on

It was a "scoop" for the Irish Times
    TippFM has disimproved terribly but nothing to do with S Martina departure
    5 or 6 hours of wall to wall country music every day is unforgivable
    Bungling presenters who can't operate equipment, long silences
    On and on

Also a scoop for Alan Kelly to get Seamus Martin as his campaign manager.

As a golden oldie myself I must say that when I am in the car after listening to talk shows all day long I love to listen to Tony Brook between 20.00 and 23.00 with his country and Irish.

• Advertisement

It was leaked to the IT. Most likely someone senior in the company. The workers and TippFM were the last to know. They only picked up the story when Michael Lowry got involved and it was still unconfirmed until a meeting took place in The Ragg pub Bouladuff.
    They only leak to real journalists. Tipp FM with or without SM do not count

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The country music thing at lunchtime is baffling.

It seems to be a case of "If all else fails " Put on some country and irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It seems to be a case of "If all else fails " Put on some country and irish.

I often put on the news at lunchtime but recently have started to even stopping this as I can't abide the music after it. I don't know of any other station playing that kind of music at lunchtime. The Tipp today programme I rarely hear but the guy that's doing it isn't a current affairs journalist. He has a very poor grasp of issues.

Hope you don't have to endure the breakfast show..PAINFUL!!!

i simply don't believe that there could be that many people so keen to listen to so much country and Irish for so many hours
    The Down Your Way hour has run its course and sounds cliched and hackneyed now and the presenter is just plain annoying
    A couple of minutes of the morning show tells you all you need to know
    Seams Martin was no great shakes but his replacement sounds bored and slightly indifferent to the subjects for discussion
    The whole thing has turned into a joke

Also a scoop for Alan Kelly to get Seamus Martin as his campaign manager.

As a golden oldie myself I must say that when I am in the car after listening to talk shows all day long I love to listen to Tony Brook between 20.00 and 23.00 with his country and Irish.

I'm a golden oldie myself and listen to a lot of radio chat but 3 hours of bad country music is a step too far!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

It's a complete mess at the moment and the JNLR's will reflect that .

I am sure they will spin the JNLRs to make out they are still getting the listeners.But I suppose the orders come from Clare,regarding programmes/music...Slightly off topic...I havent heard the hospital radio on air in a long time..have finished up I wonder,to make way for a community licence?

I often put on the news at lunchtime but recently have started to even stopping this as I can't abide the music after it. I don't know of any other station playing that kind of music at lunchtime. The Tipp today programme I rarely hear but the guy that's doing it isn't a current affairs journalist. He has a very poor grasp of issues.
    or any other kind of journalist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

I am sure they will spin the JNLRs to make out they are still getting the listeners.But I suppose the orders come from Clare,regarding programmes/music...Slightly off topic...I havent heard the hospital radio on air in a long time..have finished up I wonder,to make way for a community licence?

I hear the studios at the hospital radio were very badly damaged when a patient was evading security and managed to get into the studio and locked himself in , and desproyed it. Mixer, laptops pc`s all destroyed, may be a while before they can get back running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

The pair on the breakfast show on Tipp FM,were supposedly talking to Alf from home and away,as part of Australia Day,It just sounded like they were hsin recorded links..It wasn't very convincing,but it made more sense than the lady presenter saying something like "Thanks to Alf for getting up early to talk to us"...That was about 8 am.....:rolleyes:

Well they say they are number 1 again...more people listening for longer..

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Well they say they are number 1 again...more people listening for longer..

They lost both reach and share in yesterday's JNLR so it's " spin " and who can blame them . Everyone will always maintain they are going from strength to strength. In the scheme of things TippFM is no better or worse then a lot of the stations in terms of share but my concern is how fluid their figures are . It's death by a thousand cuts when you think of the fall in figures in the past five years . A percent here . . . A percent there . . Another 4 or 5 years of small drops and the game is up :/( Can anyone recall what the reach and share was when " at their best " ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

They lost both reach and share in yesterday's JNLR so it's " spin " and who can blame them . Everyone will always maintain they are going from strength to strength. In the scheme of things TippFM is no better or worse then a lot of the stations in terms of share but my concern is how fluid their figures are . It's death by a thousand cuts when you think of the fall in figures in the past five years . A percent here . . . A percent there . . Another 4 or 5 years of small drops and the game is up :/( Can anyone recall what the reach and share was when " at their best " ?

Sadly at this rate they will be in the twenties before long if there are not (more) changes. Looking back at old JNLRs April 09 - March 10 TippFM had a reach of a staggering 69% and a market share of 55.3% now thats just 33% and 39% this time around. The question is even if they revamp the station how do you get the old listeners to tune back in ? and more importantly stay listening. Personally i feel the news service has really improved over the last year or so, much more indepth (except at weekends) I am sure everyone working there are working their socks off to make it work but if the output on air is poor and not what the listener wants then its going to be a long battle. On the plus side the General election is going to help bring a bit of a bounce as we aall tune in to hear all the exilarating local job hopefuls promise us the earth moon and stars

The two hours of country during the day will turn off more people.What more changes can they make....No bit of life in the presenters at all..All the good ones moved on..no radio talent left in Tipp at all......I hear the hospital radio back on air

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Burstner902

What are management doing? I'm sure the presenters are trying their best. Is there is no professional guidance within the station, do they even have a PC anymore, it doesn't sound like it. I hate to say this but it's lifeless. Such a shame as I for one thought it use to be a fantastic station.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Their election coverage and count centre coverage will make for an interesting weekend. They had better pull it out of the bag on this one.

What are management doing? I'm sure the presenters are trying their best. Is there is no professional guidance within the station, do they even have a PC anymore, it doesn't sound like it. I hate to say this but it's lifeless. Such a shame as I for one thought it use to be a fantastic station.

When they announced on the news of the recent ratings,it was delivered by the "head of operations"..I don't know if that person is from Clare or Tipp,but they are run by Clare now???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Burstner902

The news team seem very professional so the elections should go well on their side. Not sure how they are going to cover it with the Tipp Today presenter. No personality in his voice at all.

Advertisement