Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmonbarry Half Marathon 14-10-12

Options
  • 07-10-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

So any boardsies heading down to Roscommon next Sunday. Did this last year and really liked it. Certainly much better value for money than Galway this weekend and of course a whole mountain of food to get through at the end.:D

Missed out on a sub 100min half in the Phoenix Park by about a minute in September so hoping to put this right with a PB next Sunday. Trouble is I've DCM 15 days later and my final 20 mile run tomorrow(Monday....3 weeks before DCM). Am I taking too much on so close to the marathon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I've run this a couple of times and thought is was very well run. I'm hoping to get down on Sunday morning. Looking forward to the cakes at the finish line.

The hill at about mile 7 is a nasty one but good training.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭BullBauld

There is an 8k run on too which I hope to do. Think it starts 15 mins after the half marathon.

I ran a 5k in Annaduff yesterday and the tea and cake/biscuits went down a treat after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

any low down on the 8km ? chipped , accurately measured , km marked , well marshalled , start on time , hilly , road surface , depth of field ? any feedback good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Seres wrote: »
    any low down on the 8km ? chipped , accurately measured , km marked , well marshalled , start on time , hilly , road surface , depth of field ? any feedback good
    It has always been a 6k, maybe thats changed this year. Never ran the 6k always the half and its very well organised. The fields are usualy smallish and not very strong although last year saw a significant improvement in numbers and depth. Rural roads with good surface undulating course and plenty of grub after. No cash prizes but nice tropheys.No chip but Half is accurately measured and marked. A very good value enjoyable race.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Is this on next Sunday or mid December? The thread title and first post seem to contradict each other.

• Advertisement

This Sunday :D

14/10/12

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

fixed

RayCun wrote: »
    fixed

It's not fixed, its a completely honest race. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MaxPower131

Really enjoyed todays race. Its one of the hidden gems in the racing calendar. Good course barring one killer of a hill and a couple of smaller inclines. Great value for money(€30) and a whopping spread afterwords together with hot showers.

Managed a PB:D, finally getting under 100 mins in my fifth attempt, so happy days.

Well done to all in Tarmonbarry. I'll definitely be back!

Advertisement