Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoroplex Alarm, is battery gone?

Options
  • 07-10-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Maybe I am answering my own question here, Signet 220 alarm came up with 'BATTERY FAULT' and doesn't want to play until fault is fixed!

With mains power on, voltage at the panel battery = 13.5V.

Switch mains power off (so system is runnng from the battery), battery voltage = 11.69V; keypads go blank and the internal sounder chirps.

It's the usual www.texe.com battery BAT7212 12V 7.2Ah. It's just that the alarm is less than two years old; I'd expect an OEM battery to last longer?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Battery should last longer than that.
    Do you have Engineer access to this panel?
    If so go to the summery page in engineer on the browser
    Is this where the fault is showing?
    223507.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

Hi koolkid, here is the data from my panel (front of panel open), hmmm I have no battery voltage at all but I have an aux voltage & current same as yours....?
    223531.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yeah sounds like it could be a dodgy battery.
    Just try the alerts tab and check the fault is still there and not just waiting to be cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

Got a replacement battery in Europower Glasnevin, Happy Days all OK.

The original battery had failed big-time, it was down to 7V next day.

Thanks for your help koolkid.

Advertisement