Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Penalties killing them again. Gonna be a long season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Cousins did ok, the run game was decent the interceptions were killer. McCoy or RGIII will be in come the giants game in New York still first half was ok. The defence was excellent

Cousins did ok, the run game was decent the interceptions were killer. McCoy or RGIII will be in come the giants game in New York still first half was ok. The defence was excellent

I don't agree that the defence were excellent. There were times when Miami moved the ball at will and they should have had a couple of picks too. Very catchable balls not picked.

Losing Jackson early was a big blow. No long threat after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Losing Jackson early was a big blow. No long threat after that.

only conceding 17 was a success in my eyes, they could have had a couple of picks no doubt but the defence gave us a chance to win.

Cousins jut doesnt look the part though, does he?

• Advertisement

only conceding 17 was a success in my eyes, they could have had a couple of picks no doubt but the defence gave us a chance to win.

Cousins jut doesnt look the part though, does he?

Haha, that's how bad we've become when we consider only giving up 17 a success.

Yeah Cousins isn't an NFL starter. Tough D next week too.

Haha, that's how bad we've become when we consider only giving up 17 a success.

Yeah Cousins isn't an NFL starter. Tough D next week too.

It is how bad we are though Jack, we're totally looking for any sort of highlights, Reed and Garcon were good today

It is how bad we are though Jack, we're totally looking for any sort of highlights, Reed and Garcon were good today

Yeah Reed was good and Morris did well in patches too until the holes dried up.

Yeah Reed was good and Morris did well in patches too until the holes dried up.

Yeah Morris is going to be huge for us this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I'm pretty positive after that to be honest. Dolphins going to be good this year and we matched them.

Didn't think Cousins looked out of his depth at all. What did he do wrong exactly bar the first interception? If only Gruden wouldn't hold him back with such conservative play calls and Andre Roberts didn't have hands made of butter he'd have looked so much better.

If Reed stays healthy he'll be huge for us. Big 'if' though. Can be a top 5 receiving TE in this league.

Running game looks very promising. Morris brilliant and Bill Callahan got the O-line in good shape making holes. Scherff and Moses in particular impressed me.

Preston Smith was very impressive. Should take a lot of snaps from Trent Murphy as the season progresses.

Just hope DeSean isn't out too long. Total game changer having him on the field.

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »
    I'm pretty positive after that to be honest. Dolphins going to be good this year and we matched them.

Didn't think Cousins looked out of his depth at all. What did he do wrong exactly bar the first interception? If only Gruden wouldn't hold him back with such conservative play calls and Andre Roberts didn't have hands made of butter he'd have looked so much better.

If Reed stays healthy he'll be huge for us. Big 'if' though. Can be a top 5 receiving TE in this league.

Running game looks very promising. Morris brilliant and Bill Callahan got the O-line in good shape making holes. Scherff and Moses in particular impressed me.

Preston Smith was very impressive. Should take a lot of snaps from Trent Murphy as the season progresses.

Just hope DeSean isn't out too long. Total game changer having him on the field.

Cousins missed too many open targets for me. There is a reason Gruden was conservative on the play calls Kirk turns it over too much but at the same time I agree that yesterday was more positive than negative for me.

I was really hopeful at halftime.

Cobra Kai's FG miss seems to have cost him his job. And the fact that he's can't reach the end zone on his kick offs.

Some bloke called Dustin Hopkins who has never played in a regular season game takes over. I would have like them to go for that Irish American bloke Pat Murray who was released by Tampa Bay. He was quite good last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Living in DC and while not a Redskins fan the sheer constant negativity around the team is not healthy. It is relentless from the media and the general public. The name, the stadium, the owner, RGIII etc all getting it routinely.

City is crying out for a winning team and the Redskins are the most traditional franchise.

Hope they can turn it around.

Some interesting results last night. Julio Jones is probably the best Wide receiver in the league. He was immense last night. 49ers ran all over Minnesota who couldn't get anything going. Strange game that one.

Well I'm in shock. Didn't see that performance coming at all. Defence was great today and the OL keeping this much lauded Rams front 7 at bay for the most part and allowing a great running game was brilliant.

Cousins probably should have been picked off once but apart from that one throw, he played very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Certainly helped that the Negative impact of the special teams from last week was limited - kickoffs out the back and punts going for the sideline means less chance for them to screw up.

Given how the rest of the NFC East went tonight, this must be one of them good days.

Joe Barry and Bill Callahan deserve so much credit for how they're coaching this team.

Division is wide open now and we're right in it. Need to be beating a poor Giants team Thursday night though.

Joe Barry and Bill Callahan deserve so much credit for how they're coaching this team.

Division is wide open now and we're right in it. Need to be beating a poor Giants team Thursday night though.

What a win yesterday! Cousins surprised the crap out of me by not turning it over 3 or 4 times, team played well!

Cant wait for Thursday now. I cant imagine it will be easy but should be a great atmosphere at the game and luckily I will get to be at it! Woo hoo!

Cant wait for Thursday now. I cant imagine it will be easy but should be a great atmosphere at the game and luckily I will get to be at it! Woo hoo!

Sounds cool, hope you enjoy it and they get the win.

Let's hope they aren't getting ahead of themselves and think they're better than they are. Still tough going into the Meadowlands and the Giants could be 2-0 with a bit of luck and will be desperate for a win so another big performance needed

Sounds cool, hope you enjoy it and they get the win.

Let's hope they aren't getting ahead of themselves and think they're better than they are. Still tough going into the Meadowlands and the Giants could be 2-0 with a bit of luck and will be desperate for a win so another big performance needed

Totally not expected a win to be honest like you said hard place to go and the Giants will be hurting from those two tight losses. I am sure I will enjoy it either way but I get in to NY at 11am so hopefully Jet Lag or Alcohol don't get to me before the game!

• Advertisement

I think I say this at some stage during the season every year and i know it's only week 3 so I'm earlier than usual but I really hate the gold pants.

Being back the burgundy ones when they're wearing the white jersey and vice versa.

Having said that, if they win I'd be happy if they wore multi colour polka dot but those gold pants are horrible to look at.

Another 'Skin going to season ending IR - LB Martel Spaight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just heading to bed there and just switched on ss2, totally forgot about the giants game, really dont know if i should stay up and watch it or what? Aghhh ill be wrecked tomorrow if i do:confused:

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just heading to bed there and just switched on ss2, totally forgot about the giants game, really dont know if i should stay up and watch it or what? Aghhh ill be wrecked tomorrow if i do:confused:

I hope you did the sensible thing and went to bed. Awful, awful game. Confirmed that Sunday's performance was a fluke and a the Redskins we're used to are back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I decided to record it, cousins wont do, 2 stupid interceptions again and could have been more, he did throw over 300yrds though, didnt start well at all giving up 2pts at the start with the safety, ross punt return was the only highlight, few injuries picked up too so not a good night at all, we do seem better then lasy year though i think there could be a glimmer of hope somewhere, we only lost by 11 and didnt seem at the races at all

Wasn't a fluke last week. Just didn't happen for us last night.

Game got away from us early unfortunately. Very harsh offensive pass interference call on the first drive was a killer.

Abandoned the run game though being down so early and we're always going to be struggling when Kirk throws 49 times. Very poor game for Cousins overall. Missed 4 or 5 big throws and his arm looked pretty weak especially when on the move.

Breeland also got destroyed on a number of occasions which is a worry.

4-18 in our last 22 prime time games.

Penalties again killing the Redskins. And stupid penalties too. I know there was a bad call in the third quarter but the others are just brainless. Tackling the guy after he called for the fair catch? WTF? Trent Williams getting done for being downfield and there have been a few personal fouls too. Idiotic. You can't win games if you keep giving the opposition free yards.

Right lads. 26 seconds. Nothing stupid.

Excellent last drive from Kirk and great defence to finish it off.

I'm still mad about all the stupid penalties (something has to be done about that) but great result today. Delighted!!

• Advertisement

Great win yesterday! Happy days 2-2 at this point with a 2-1 conference record , probably couldn't ask for more! Made it to New York for the Washington game but gave up the tickets and watched the game in a bar, was far too jet lagged and reckoned I wouldn't make it through the game. Of course I got a second wind around 8 and ended up watching the entirety of the game in Rosie O'Grady's, devastated I missed going to the game but seeing as we were terrible I didn't really miss much in terms of atmosphere etc though . Yesterday the team played well and really the Eagles look terrible right now. Could we win the division? Maybe...

So we got 4 injury free games out of Jordan Reed which is a miracle in itself but he got a concussion yesterday which is awful for him. He missed the last 4 games of the season a couple of years back the last time he got concussed so it doesn't look good.

He's been great so far this season so it will be a shame if he is out.

This team is night and day from last year. Really growing into something competitive. Kirk was outstanding yesterday.

Reed is a massive concern though alright. We've little to no depth at TE. Carrier has done ok mainly as a blocker though. Huge worry if Reed's out a prolonged time. DeSean Jackson should be back next week or the the one after though which is a massive bonus.

Big test against a really strong Falcons team next. Be very interesting to see how we hold up.

This team is night and day from last year. Really growing into something competitive. Kirk was outstanding yesterday.

Reed is a massive concern though alright. We've little to no depth at TE. Carrier has done ok mainly as a blocker though. Huge worry if Reed's out a prolonged time. DeSean Jackson should be back next week or the the one after though which is a massive bonus.

Big test against a really strong Falcons team next. Be very interesting to see how we hold up.

Falcons look great at the moment going to be a tough ask to beat them but I think we have to be optimistic at this stage that we can at least compete!

Falcons look great at the moment going to be a tough ask to beat them but I think we have to be optimistic at this stage that we can at least compete!

I was hoping the Falcons would see this as a straightforward win and get all complacent but Shanny Jnr. will be out to prove a point so they'll probably be fairly focused all week.

I was hoping the Falcons would see this as a straightforward win and get all complacent but Shanny Jnr. will be out to prove a point so they'll probably be fairly focused all week.

I really like Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. I actually hope the Falcons go well this year would like to see them win it all , but obviously not if the Redskins have a chance.

• Advertisement

this would be great

I don't know. I'probably go alright but I've been to two IS games and I don't like the atmosphere. Having fans of all 32 teams there wearing their own team's gear etc. takes away from what a home/away game should be.

I don't know. I'probably go alright but I've been to two IS games and I don't like the atmosphere. Having fans of all 32 teams there wearing their own team's gear etc. takes away from what a home/away game should be.

I've been to 5 I think and I feel the same way. I will still definitely go and if it's the Redskins I will try to get a group of skins fans from London/Ireland/Germany together for it.

Not looking good for Sunday. Culliver, Reed, Jackson and Hall all out. Riley questionable.

• Advertisement

Ok Redskins. Third quarter time. How about playing in it this week?

Horrible horrible horrible.

I don't think you can be too down about that one tbf. Falcons are legit super bowl contenders and we took them to OT. Defense amazing given the fact we're missing our two starting CB's.

Brilliant effort. Just unfortunate to come up that bit short. Team continues to perform past expectations though. We're clearly moving in the right direction.

I don't think you can be too down about that one tbf. Falcons are legit super bowl contenders and we took them to OT. Defense amazing given the fact we're missing our two starting CB's.

Brilliant effort. Just unfortunate to come up that bit short. Team continues to perform past expectations though. We're clearly moving in the right direction.

Yeah, some positives alright but it's just very frustrating when a winnable game is lost, especially on a play when a guy falls over. I thought when they won the OT toss, it was going to be their day so to lose it in the way they did was horrible.

The Falcons weren't great today and were there for the taking. Kirk was a bit off with his throws and both lines were dominated and still they were still in with a shout so that was good. Nice to see the battered secondary step up as well.

Falcons are not Super Bowl contenders playing like that. They were terrible. But you are right , clearly moving in the right direction.

We could win this division if we can get our best team out there, Reed and Jackson need to play but we have a chance.

Falcons are not Super Bowl contenders playing like that. They were terrible. But you are right , clearly moving in the right direction.

We could win this division if we can get our best team out there, Reed and Jackson need to play but we have a chance.

Yesterday was encouraging considering who was missing but the sooner Jackson gets back the better. I'm not hopeful for Reed though. With his history of concussions, he might be out a while and rightly so.

The next two games are winnable but NY has won 3 in a row now and Philly got a good win yesterday too. Dallas will be better once their get their stars back and even though they gave up 30 yesterday, their defence is scary. So they really do need to win the next 2 and go into the bye 4-3.

Yesterday was encouraging considering who was missing but the sooner Jackson gets back the better. I'm not hopeful for Reed though. With his history of concussions, he might be out a while and rightly so.

The next two games are winnable but NY has won 3 in a row now and Philly got a good win yesterday too. Dallas will be better once their get their stars back and even though they gave up 30 yesterday, their defence is scary. So they really do need to win the next 2 and go into the bye 4-3.

100% need to win the next two but the Jets game as tough as it could be is very winnable. The Bucs were excellent yesterday at times. Winston is improving week on week.

Why the hell cant this team turn up for the third quarter? Every week.

I know I they've had a couple of turnovers by grabbing the ball after the the catch but it outside of that, the tackling has been awful.

Right, I'm off to Red Zone. Can't watch any more of this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement